Hot Topics

What time do you wake up during the Night.

Govan1x 15:34 12 Apr 2018

This might not last long but thought that I would mention it to see if others maybe have the same problem.

I seem to have a sleeping problem when I wake up during the night.

I look at my watch and it quite often it is at 4.20 am.

The same time keeps popping up which I thought was unusual but it seems I am not the only one that wakes up at that time.

My problem is when I see that time on my watch it makes me wonder why and its a waste of time going back to bed as there is no chance of getting back to sleep.

A bit bored so decided to google What happened at 4.20am. And sure enough a chap on one of the forums with the same problem and same time.

And yes you have guessed it I was up at 4.20 am today again.

canarieslover 21:25 12 Apr 2018

Oh to just wake up once a night. Since radiotherapy for prostate cancer I started off every hour to the loo. After five years I am down to around two to three visits to the loo per night but every so often my bladder goes mad and I'm back to hourly for a night. It doesn't seem to matter what or how much I drink of an evening, it just happens. Mind you it helps with trying to get my grandson dry of a night as I get him up with my visits to the loo.

Govan1x 05:31 13 Apr 2018

Aitchbee £5 a day for your Electricity seems a bit harsh do you have underfloor heating or use the electric fire a lot.

Regarding those going to the loo a lot we try and make 7pm-7.30 pm our last cuppa for the night worst thing is to have cold drinks. Cold cans of coke etc are out.

I found that taking 2 paracetamol at night before going to bed stopped me from getting up so often but I suppose everyone has there own remedies.

Woke up about 3am this morning with a bit of a cough and could not get back to sleep so got up rather than keep the wife awake with my coughing. So another sleepless night.

I always try and stay up till midnight at least that way you are not up so often during the night.

least bit of strange noise wakes me up so I am a bit of a light sleeper.

I find it hard now sitting watching the TV with the wife without trying to go to nod off. Nothing worse when the wife nudges you and asks are you going to sleep. fat chance with her about.

Quickbeam 05:44 13 Apr 2018

"I always try and stay up till midnight at least that way you are not up so often during the night."

My problem is in not falling asleep during the first boring TV programme from 7pm onwards!

Govan1x 06:58 13 Apr 2018

Just had a look on the internet and it seems that I probably have Phantosmia.

That also affects your sleep as I wake up a few times during the night with the smell of burning I also suffer from it during the day as well.

This only started about 2 weeks ago but according to what i have read it can last for years.

[Phantosmia] for those that are interested is when you smell smoke all of the time.

It can be caused the pills that you take but looks it is some sort of Sinus infection. But see a doctor is the first recommendation. Learn something new every day.

Quickbeam 08:05 13 Apr 2018

I've thought I could smell burning at times too!

BT 09:14 13 Apr 2018

..so any good remedies for a good nights sleep.

I can't vouch for it but I was reading just yesterday in SAGA magazine that a light snack before bed can help. It needs to be something like cheese or turkey accompanied by some sort of Carbohydrate. Apparently the carbs release the Tryptophan in Cheese or Turkey which help induce sleep. So perhaps a Cheese and Crackers supper is called for.

Govan1x 12:25 13 Apr 2018

Thanks for that BT. If we have anything to eat it is usually about 7.30 Pm when we have our last cupps.

I have the crackers I have the cheese but will I have the memory to do it.

I have a vague memory of reading not to eat cheese before going to bed or it would keep you awake.

If I remember i will give it a try to night and if you see me on here about 2Am tomorrow you will know why.

Govan1x 12:37 13 Apr 2018

Just had a quick read about cheese at bedtime. Some say that it is a myth that eating it gives you nightmares. Not sure if that comes straight from the manufacturers of cheese so that they can sell more.

Most say it is beneficial to eat before bedtime + it also helps you loose weight. Think I need a lot of cheese.

Only one way to find out is to try it I suppose.

BT 18:10 13 Apr 2018

..if you see me on here about 2Am tomorrow you will know why.

Not very likely as everything is switched off when I go to bed at about 11pm ☺☺

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:12 13 Apr 2018

wake around 3 30 every night regardless of when I go to bed

I would love a good nights sleep, can't remember last time I woke up felling refreshed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Trump issues executive orders to restrict TikTok and WeChat in the US

Yuke Li's 'pencil' drawings are entirely digital

Apple releases the public beta for macOS Big Sur

Les meilleurs bracelets connectés (2020)