What sort of priorities do we have?

LastChip 15:00 26 Sep 2018

I read today that social media went wild because Meghan Markle closed her own car door.

My immediate thought was, could I care less? No.

Of all the issues this country has at the moment and indeed the world, are we seriously concerned that Ms Markle closed a car door?

Mind boggling!

Quickbeam 17:37 26 Sep 2018

Watching the recent drama of Donald Sutherland playing Getty, I was gobsmacked that any butler would be expected to hold anyone's boxer shorts for them to step into in a morning!

Quickbeam 17:39 26 Sep 2018

Even JRM wouldn't expect nanny to do that, would he...?

bumpkin 17:45 26 Sep 2018

*are we seriously concerned that Ms Markle closed a car door? *

I closed mine today, not on the news though, shameful.

Aitchbee 18:32 26 Sep 2018

It's obvious she was deliberately minded to blatantly flaunt that diamond ring again.

Old Deuteronomy 20:14 26 Sep 2018

"Woman closes door" Have people really got nothing better to do than gibber online about that?

LastChip 21:32 26 Sep 2018

What I found astonishing, is that not only was it deemed newsworthy by the BBC, but that it appeared on the news home page as a “Must See”.

bumpkin 21:50 26 Sep 2018

What I found astonishing, is that not only was it deemed newsworthy by the BBC, but that it appeared on the news home page as a “Must See”.

Would you want to miss such an important issue when it demeans the whole structure of the monarchy and therefor possbly cause the demise of all related tourism.

Quickbeam 06:33 27 Sep 2018

Aparentley, it's the body guard's job to close it when you're safely inside where you get out in case you have to make a hasty return and escape...

Cymro. 12:45 27 Sep 2018

Perhaps it is like politicians we get the once we deserve and so we get the press and media we deserve. It is us or people much like us who show interest in these things. If we showed less interest then perhaps the media would take the hint and find us something of more interest and importance to MOIDER us with.

Forum Editor 17:48 27 Sep 2018

I imagine that the full extent of what she's let herself in for is just beginning to dawn on Meghan. Believe it or not, there are huge numbers of people who are interested in every move that members of the Royal family make.

It's not a modern phenomenon, back in the 1500's people used to queue up to watch Henry VIII dine. Everywhere he went there would be crowds of people eager just to get a glimpse of him, and if he dined at someone's house their servants would steal some of the the table linen, the crockery and the glasses he used and sell them for tidy amounts.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)