Hot Topics

What phrases wind you up.

mrgrumpy 13:20 03 Jan 2020

I will start the ball rolling with one that really winds me up "CRACK ON"

At work my boss used to say it and I had many a confrontation with him about it because I think telling somebody to crack on is a way of saying stop being a slacker and pull your weight.

In a team of 6 people do you think that is necessary.

Clapton is God 13:26 03 Jan 2020

Not a phrase but the unnecessary use of the word "So .." at the start of virtually every sentence.

Pine Man 13:51 03 Jan 2020

Following on from Clapton is God;

Not a phrase but the unnecessary use of the word 'LIKE' inserted in sentences after nearly every other word!!

SO, I LIKE, crashed my car and, LIKE, everybody had, LIKE, blood all over them.

mrgrumpy 14:08 03 Jan 2020

more , anigus …….. sounds like annie guss !

Some one was telling a story about watching a guys make something "anigus" , you doing it wrong , he started again "anigus" your still doing it wrong …. you get the picture.

BTW if I come into your shop , I am not your friend , mate , pal , chum , buddy or fella , I am not your love , ducky , darling , sweetheart , treasure or flower. I will NOT be seeing you later and I have no intention of having a nice day !

john bunyan 15:19 03 Jan 2020

Reaching out; You can’t say that; You know what I mean; Innit ; Sorry ( if said by someone YOU bump into) ; Fell Asleep, on a gravestone .

x13 15:48 03 Jan 2020

Scottish Independence ;)

hastelloy 16:43 03 Jan 2020

Saying this is a new decade when it isn't - have to wait another year.

Menzie 18:02 03 Jan 2020

x13 - LOL :-)

Quickbeam 20:30 03 Jan 2020

x13 - LOL :-)

Q... Que...Cue Dunk...

john bunyan 21:16 03 Jan 2020

“Get Brexit done “; “ End Austerity “; “‘The Scottish People”; “ For the Many, not the Few” “Prince Andrew “ - I wouldn’t be sad not to hear these again!

Brumas 21:24 03 Jan 2020

"Have a good day" generally reeled off the tongue like some esoteric mantra, mostly by disaffected shop assistants.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor unveils special edition Magic Watch 2 with artists and designers

The story behind Royal Mail's new video game stamp set

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

iPad Air 2020 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs