what music cd do you regret buying and why

MJS WARLORD 22:35 20 Sep 2018

we have all done it ! so what do you regret buying and why. here are my top 3.

1. anything by james blunt , ok so I liked a few of his singles and found an album with most of them on , BUT, by the time it had ended I was so depressed , if I had been feeling suicidal I think I would have topped myself.

2. I have been a genesis anorak all my life and thought I had got everything they had done , one day I spotted the word genesis on an album with typical pete gabrial artwork so I bought it. When I got home and removed all the promo stickers it actually said genesis p oridge and the throbbing gristle archive. I put it on and thought WTF ! I googled them and it turned out they do devil worship type music.

If you get hooked into the chanting and the weird music you wont need drugs to make you trippy. If you ever find a copy don't play it whilst driving … not joking.

1. Finally I loved david bowie but his last album black star was really weird , I have been a long time fan of his as well as genesis but , it was so much out of character , I have seen his last video of him singing in bandages , he knew he was dying , was this album his way of saying goodbye ???

apologies to anyone who thinks I have said anything bad about bowie.

Belatucadrus 22:50 21 Sep 2018

"Unforgettable... with Love" by Natalie Cole, strange as it may seem for a metal head I've always liked Nat King Cole and I really liked the single from the LP which featured Natalie dueting with her late father. I sort of assumed that he would also be on the other tracks, Unfortunately the single "Unforgettable" was the only track on the CD he appeared in, the rest was her doing solo cover versions of his songs and to be honest I preferred the originals.

wee eddie 16:17 22 Sep 2018

I have bought several CDs, while supporting friends kids at their early Gigs.

Played once and realised how truly dire they were. None has yet reached the giddy heights of one, or other, of their parents.

Aitchbee 12:49 23 Sep 2018

Quite a few charity shop CDs I've bought over recent years have not been exactly " what it said on the tin. " mostly sixties and seventies compilations of well-known hits but not by the original bands or artistes.

... Won't get fooled again. (Ha ha, famous last words - but it's all going to a good cause, so mustn't grumble)

martd7 15:00 23 Sep 2018

Kate bush- before the dawn- what was a hugely popular sellout tour,the cd was pretty dull soundwise,and badly produced,I await a "remaster"

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)