What have you got up your attic then?

Cymro. 11:44 12 Feb 2018

BBC link

So what have you got kept up in your attic then? Just be very careful before you clear it out. Some people have found all sort of things some of them of value.

Cymro. 12:38 13 Feb 2018

As I started this one I had better add my two pence worth . My loft was cleared out a few years ago so there's not much up there now but I do know the wife's wedding dress is still there in its original box. She did not let me throw it away when we last had a clearout. There is also some of the things they gave me when I was discharged from hospital some years ago. A sort of spinal support jacket and a portable raised toilet seat. Yes I know I should have sent the seat back once I no longer needed it. One of those things I never got round to anyway is that not what a attic is for? With people complaining that modern homes don't have enough storage space you would think all attics would have lighting and a better access.

wee eddie 13:43 13 Feb 2018

A while back when I was going through some of my stuff from the Chelsea days, I found a rolled up 'pastel' that I had bought off Sandy Goudie. He was holidaying in the same part of Brittany as my family and was short of cash. I believe I paid the equivalent of a case of calvados.

Unfortunately, there are finger marks on it, so it has little value.

I will keep it for the memories as it's subject is a well known local sailor, who was permanently pissed, a great 'boule' player and wonderful story teller.

leoaubrie 15:25 13 Feb 2018

60's lamp, old inkjet HP, magazines, 80's tape recorder, and lots of cables not used.

caccy 17:01 13 Feb 2018

Big box of Airfix kits that I built back in the 50/60's. Rat,squirrel poison, Baby's cot and matress (Why are we keeping it not likly to need it in our 70's)? Some of our childrens toys , suitcases and ,yes, Christmas trees and decorations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?