What have you always wanted to try

WhiteTruckMan 23:42 14 Nov 2006

No catch here, just a simple question. Is there anything at all that you've always wanted to have a go at? Preferably something reasonable and actualy do-able from a practical point of view.

Me, for instance, I've always wanted to try my hand at glass blowing. I know its a highly skilled craft, and I dont think I can properly explain why, just that its something I've wanted to try for a long time.

Anyone else harbouring a secret yen for a new experience?

WTM

Forum Editor 23:49 14 Nov 2006

click here

I would like to build a boat.

Z1100 23:51 14 Nov 2006

Cure Depression.

Hanx!
K.

Forum Editor 00:10 15 Nov 2006

If by that you mean your own depression you can get help for it - see your GP.

Otherwise, qualify as a doctor.

Z1100 00:15 15 Nov 2006

you are funny. And I have 'plenty doctors' giving me 'plenty advice and pills'.

Alas, they will never cure it si I learn to manage it but that is not the cure. Ho-Hum...

Hanx!
K.

Strawballs 00:59 15 Nov 2006

I build boats for a living but I would like to ride a GP bike (even one of the smaller ones)

knockin on 01:02 15 Nov 2006

I know many people who have recovered from depression, some severe cases too. Do not give up hope, just find the right therapist.

Back to the thread - sorry WTM.
I have always wanted to try a bob sleigh - Cresta run style - not sure about the 'tin tray' luge though

WhiteTruckMan 01:14 15 Nov 2006

but in previous years when it has snowed me and the kids all used to pile onto a piece of thick plastic sheeting and slide downhill with the leading edge pulled up over our feet/legs. Good fun but a bit rough on the behind! Thanks for reminding me of it though, brought a smile to my face.

As for the glassblowing, I'd really like to try a taster session first before signing up for a course (an impracticality with my working hours). Something like someone saying "here, blow in this". Preferably not a policeman on a saturday night though!

WTM

ashdav 02:07 15 Nov 2006

I had a personal list some years ago of "things to do before I die"
1 Hot air ballooning - done that courtesy of Per Lindstrand (he lives near me)And it was free!
2 Learn to ride a horse - not done yet.
3 Parachute jump - not done and never will be now due to 3 collapsed discs. I can jump out but the landing would kill me.
4 Get the love of my life to live with me. Not done yet after 20yrs but I'm still working on it. It's not me. She has "issues".

season8 10:05 15 Nov 2006

Writing an article for a magazine or being the FE for a day.

Sethhaniel 10:14 15 Nov 2006

oops already done.

Take part in a mock bullfight-
oops already done.

Have a helicopter ride-
oops already done

Stand betwween the paws of the Sphinx in Giza-
oops already done

anything left ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)