What happened to my posting?

Arnie 08:45 27 Apr 2006

Yesterday I posted a heading. "Not many people know that", pure for a bit of fun. I think around 7 or 8 people responded and then it disappeared into fresh air.

I don't remember breaching any site protocols and it is the first time it has ever occurred.

Any ideas?

SG Atlantis® 08:51 27 Apr 2006

It's been deleted then, ask the FE.

There's a contact button at the top of this thread.

Arnie 08:59 27 Apr 2006

Arnie.

spuds 16:33 27 Apr 2006

Looks like the FE got his deleting and closing posting mouse out yesterday :o)

Forum Editor 16:42 27 Apr 2006

but to be perfectly honest, I can't remember why. I was jet-lagged and very busy. There obviously was a reason, but I can't recall it I'm afraid.

Arnie 17:11 27 Apr 2006

wasn't any great literary loss. Anyway, thanks for replying.

wolfie3000 19:26 27 Apr 2006

Silver mouse strikes again.

Forum Editor 19:33 27 Apr 2006

to be a personal slight (unless there's a breach of a forum rule involved) because often there'll be a less obvious editorial decision behind it.

I try to send an email in such circumstances, but sometimes someone gets missed. Bear with me if that happens to you - I get and send hundreds of emails, and sometimes I slip up.

A deletion can be hurtful, and I realise that - but it can happen to anyone, so try to be like Arnie if it happens to you, and take it philosophically. Next time it'll be someone else.

Arnie 09:32 06 May 2006

"Gosh Arnie,

What are you inferring - surely you're not seriously suggesting that I would delete your thread so that I could pinch your idea a week later?"

Hello FE.

I have been trying to post a reply to your above comment. The usual message box is bedecked with an advert for PC Advisor, so I am replying via your link to this posting.

Of course I was not suggesting you had plagiarised my idea.
It was just to mention the unusual coincidence which had occurred and as you saw, a little bit of light humour followed from a few forum members.

The following is an extract from my previous posting, "Strange. This was more or less the same info that I posted a few days ago. However, it was somehow deleted.
Never mind".

To me this still appears to be a rather benign comment I made. If you feel otherwise then I apolgise.

Arnie.

Forum Editor 10:23 06 May 2006

It seems that neither of us has offended the other - the perfect ending in fact. I can't remember your original post, as I said earlier in this one, and to be brutally frank we seem to be spending a tad too much time over something that in your own words "wasn't any great literary loss."

I suggest that we call it a day before we bore everyone else rigid.

Arnie 10:32 06 May 2006

wholeheartedly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?