Hot Topics

What to get Dad for Christmas?

Cymro. 11:24 20 Nov 2019

My two kids are already on about what do we get Dad for Christmas. They have hinted about getting me one of those Amazon Alexa gadgets. Now if they get me one what will I do exactly with it and do I need such a thing?

Menzie 13:15 20 Nov 2019

Rule of thumb is if you don't know what it is and have survived this long you don't need it.

How much do you trust technology and how much of your house do you want 'connected' to the Internet?

My friend likes it, he has smart bulbs installed, smart devices and smart door locks. He can check if the door is locked from anywhere and lock or open it with his voice. Likewise for turning on lights.

It is also good for the quick ordering of items. It also makes you feel like you're in one of those 80s sci-fi movies.

Tech Advisor describes some of the things you can do here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 20 Nov 2019

I've got the Google home - great for a laugh when it mishears you and comes out with something totally irrelevant to what you asked for :0)

Menzie 18:40 20 Nov 2019

I've got Android Auto in my car, some of the text messages it sends when you dictate are quite something.

BT 17:57 21 Nov 2019

My son has it sussed. He usually gets me a bottle of 'Good' Malt Whisky as the central part of my present. Suits me Sir.

wee eddie 18:19 21 Nov 2019

IK go with BT, the rest of my family have discovered that I have most everything I need, so they get me luxury consumables. Malt, Bourbon, hand made Chocolates, Elvas plums, that kind of things

Govan1x 23:04 22 Nov 2019

kids are not stupid and they think about what they would want. So they buy you a Amazon Alexa gadget.

So there you go it is really for you but to be shared with them. Job done. Everyone is happy.

huster12 14:44 28 Nov 2019

I'm still looking for a good present for him. Maybe, I'll buy him a new parfum

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Wholesome animations remind commuters not to be animals

Apple Arcade ain't what it used to be

Comment désactiver le rétroéclairage du clavier de votre MacBook ?