What first brought you here?

Forum Editor 17:42 20 Jun 2011
Answered

Driving back to the office this afternoon I got to wondering - how did you first become involved with our forum?

I'm not asking when, but how - what first brought you to the PCA site, was it because you read about it in the magazine, heard about it from someone, or did you come here as a result of a Google search, or a link on another web-site? Perhaps you can't remember, it was so long ago?

If you can remember I would like to hear about it. I'm also interested to discover how many women take part in forum activities, but I do not in any way want to intrude on anyone's right to privacy - obviously there's no need to tell me if you would rather not; It's simply a matter of personal interest on my part.

Devil Fish 23:23 23 Jun 2011

the magazine brought me here had been reading your fine publication for several months and then disaster struck. I remembered something about a forum after a hasty look through the mag finally found the site adress and the guys and girls got me sorted been lurking ever since with the occasional post if i feel it can help

Diemmess 18:20 24 Jun 2011

Hooray! The promised tweaking has cheered me no end. My Posts, fast and stable again at last!

My posts no longer scare me, those overblown numbers -- 6807 posts and the whole screen rearranging itself several times before it eventually gave me what I was seeking.

Credited with 9.4years, but some time before that with a silly name which I can't remember. Probably browsing looking for answers to 98 foul-ups brought me to this splendid forum.

PCA forum has no equal, but talk of a difficult re-birth! When the new site opened and for a long time since, I feared the baby would never thrive and I had lost a friend.

In earlier days I had personal help from flecc particularly, and was able to offer to 98 crash-victims, my mantra of the time... scanreg /restore.

Strawballs 18:24 25 Jun 2011

It seems a large number of us came here via the exelent magazine or via google, I wonder what the percentage is?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)