What first brought you here?

Forum Editor 17:42 20 Jun 2011
Answered

Driving back to the office this afternoon I got to wondering - how did you first become involved with our forum?

I'm not asking when, but how - what first brought you to the PCA site, was it because you read about it in the magazine, heard about it from someone, or did you come here as a result of a Google search, or a link on another web-site? Perhaps you can't remember, it was so long ago?

If you can remember I would like to hear about it. I'm also interested to discover how many women take part in forum activities, but I do not in any way want to intrude on anyone's right to privacy - obviously there's no need to tell me if you would rather not; It's simply a matter of personal interest on my part.

Condom 01:05 21 Jun 2011

Must start taking the tablets again as try as I might I can't remember why I joined. Probably to get some help with a building project. I think I must have been around for 5-7 years or so but I sometimes vanish when I'm overseas. I think I started out with PC Magazine about 15 years ago and then moved on to PC Direct and then PCA.

Taff™ 05:39 21 Jun 2011

Several people have suggested they`ve been here longer than their profile states so what determines a profile? Is it the username or the e-mail addresss or what? I too had a previous username before I settled on this one which I must have had for at least 18 months.

Forum Editor 06:14 21 Jun 2011

Lots of people have had more than one username - for one reason or another - and that's the reason they may say they have been here longer than their profile suggests.

sunnystaines 07:59 21 Jun 2011

FE

How did you end up being FE here on PCA?

Simsy 08:07 21 Jun 2011

I was having problem with Internet Explorer... I was fairly new to computers, (this would have been about spring 2001).

I saw ad avert for this online advice forum on the back of a magazine someone was reading on the train.

I couldn't remember the website address, so I bought the magazine, just to get the address.

Regards,

Simsy

anskyber 08:28 21 Jun 2011

I'm sure through Google following the need for answers. It soon became clear this was the place to be and it remains one of two home pages for me.

Not a regular poster now I still lurk and enjoy the strange experience of "knowing" people I have never met. In spite of my user name I am male, I chose "anskyber" because it happened to be a house name in Cornwall where I lived at the time. (It means "the barn" incidentally)

johndrew 10:45 21 Jun 2011

I had been buying the magazine on and off for some time before I purchased my first Wintel machine and became a member of the online fraternity. It seemed a natural progression to join the PCA online as I was, by then, subscribed to the magazine.

HondaMan 12:16 21 Jun 2011

I have been here longer than I care to remember. I was looking for help with a Windows problem and found this site through a search engine, Google, I think. Been here ever since!

Macscouse 12:49 21 Jun 2011

I only joined to keep an eye on Bingalau and Brumas, and to ensure that they took their medication.

Brumas 14:44 21 Jun 2011

Macscouse, It’s good to see that the staff at Broadmoor were forward thinking when they finally realised that access to a computer would be beneficial and contribute to your long term rehabilitation ;o}}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Les bons plans TV (2019)