What is in the Executive Biscuit Tin

wee eddie 18:05 26 Nov 2015

I think we should know

Quickbeam 11:35 28 Nov 2015

I find it the perfect après-bike to recover from the physical exertion!

Forum Editor 11:43 28 Nov 2015

Quickbeam

If Venice is out for the time being but hedonism still beckons, put the cadburys away and nip to your nearest Waitrose for a tin or three of this - the hot chocolate lover's chocolate.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:28 28 Nov 2015

Mcvities dark chocolate digestives for me, usually taken in pairs with a cup of tea.

Hmm time to put the kettle on.

Quickbeam 00:35 29 Nov 2015

I actually have my own recipe for delux hot chocolate.

For a half pint mug, add two heaped teaspoons of Cadbury's drinking chocolate, one teaspoon of Rowntree's cocoa into half a pint of milk made from 50/50 whole milk and condensed milk heated to simmering or 2.5 minutes in the microwave.

That makes for an extra creamy, extra chocolatey delux hot chocolate:-)

Forum Editor 08:52 29 Nov 2015

Condensed milk - that brings the memories flooding back. As a child I lived on an RAF base in Sri Lanka. There were stacks of tins of condensed milk in the kitchen store in our bungalow, and my brother and I used to snitch a tin and take it somewhere private, so we could eat the lot in peace. In Spain they use it to make a drink called cafe bonbon. A shot of strong coffee poured gently over a layer of condensed milk - delicious!

BT 11:32 29 Nov 2015

I remember when I was a kid my Dad taking me into his work on a Saturday morning. They used to make the tea in a big pot with Tea and Condensed milk all put in the pot together and boiling water poured on. It was lovely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)