What is in the Executive Biscuit Tin

wee eddie 18:05 26 Nov 2015

I think we should know

Forum Editor 10:10 27 Nov 2015

OK - time to reveal the truth. The biscuits that are found in the tin referred to by wee eddie are in my opinion the best chocolate biscuits on the market.

Also in the executive tin are Ginger nuts and Rich tea. At around this time there may be some shortbreads as well, we are usually given a tin of them each year.

Now you know my guilty pleasures - at least as far as biscuits are concerned.

john bunyan 11:19 27 Nov 2015

Forum Editor

If these are supplied by the company, are they declared as a "benefit in kind", or are they a health hazard under the Health and Safety at Work Act? I am suddenly quite peckish.

Flak999 11:22 27 Nov 2015

Forum Editor

Chocolate biscuits, Ginger nuts and Rich tea! We have more in common than we think! ;-)

spuds 11:29 27 Nov 2015

"What is in the Executive Biscuit Tin"

I hope it isn't tinned tomatoes!.

But coming back to the subject, isn't this just another form of snobbery. A bit like shopping in Aldi, using Mark&Spencers carry bags!.

Forum Editor 11:39 27 Nov 2015

spuds

But coming back to the subject, isn't this just another form of snobbery.

I'm sorry, I must be completely missing the point here - what is another form of snobbery, and what's the connection to Aldi/M&S carrier bags? Perhaps you didn't understand that wee eddie started this thread in response to a post I made in the 'Black Friday' thread. It was a humorous post, and it mentioned an executive biscuit tin.

spuds 11:50 27 Nov 2015

Forum Editor

"Perhaps you didn't understand that wee eddie started this thread in response to a post I made in the 'Black Friday' thread. It was a humorous post, and it mentioned an executive biscuit tin."

Certainly looks like I need to catch-up, I completely missed the post you are referring to.

wee eddie 12:35 27 Nov 2015

A Link Black Friday Thread ~ Second response

wee eddie 12:44 27 Nov 2015

Were I to have an Executive Biscuit Tin, these would certainly be there Border Dark Chocolate Ginger Crunch. Got them once for £1.00 in Morrisons but, as a diabetic, I tend to feed the mind rather than the body!

Forum Editor 12:53 27 Nov 2015

john bunyan

"If these are supplied by the company, are they declared as a "benefit in kind", or are they a health hazard under the Health and Safety at Work Act?"

PCA are too mean to supply my biscuits, they say I'll have to be content with the Mercedes SLK and three weeks in the company villa in Cannes each year. Personally I think that's penny-pinching taken too far, but there we are.

As I work a lot from home, I take the cost of the biscuits out of my wife's purse when she's not looking - seems a sensible enough solution to me.

Aitchbee 13:10 27 Nov 2015

I keep my favourite biscuits in a personalized virtual biscuit tin [online].

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Is it safe to use NordVPN?

Hell or Habito? Why a mortgage startup branded itself through some sick animation

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleurs écrans pour PC (2019)