Hot Topics

What is in the Executive Biscuit Tin

wee eddie 18:05 26 Nov 2015

I think we should know

bumpkin 18:23 26 Nov 2015

Bandages, plasters, medicine years out of date, nappy pins, reels of cotton all tangled up and a few perished finger or thumb stools normally.

Forum Editor 18:24 26 Nov 2015

Biscuits of an executive nature.

wee eddie 18:49 26 Nov 2015

Bourbons

john bunyan 19:05 26 Nov 2015

I have a biscuit tin from about 1955 depicting the Queen in uniform riding side saddle at Trooping the Colour. It contains coarse fishing floats, hooks etc - even some hooks to gut. Still use it on regrettably rare river fishing trips. Home tin has biscuits - bourbons. Highland shortbreads, digestives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:23 26 Nov 2015

Must be this one if he's got to fight the "Boss" for it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 26 Nov 2015

Or a tin containing executive tomatoes?

Quickbeam 07:41 27 Nov 2015

Fig Rolls, Crincle Crunch and Viennese Melts are suitably executive nature...

BT 08:12 27 Nov 2015

Tesco Value Biscuit Barrel (Malted Milk, Custard Cremes, Bourbons, Nice) for 'dunking' on a daily basis. Foxes Crunch Creams, Chocolate Digestives and Pearsons Shortbread for 'Swanking' when people come round.☺

Forum Editor 10:10 27 Nov 2015

OK - time to reveal the truth. The biscuits that are found in the tin referred to by wee eddie are in my opinion the best chocolate biscuits on the market.

Also in the executive tin are Ginger nuts and Rich tea. At around this time there may be some shortbreads as well, we are usually given a tin of them each year.

Now you know my guilty pleasures - at least as far as biscuits are concerned.

john bunyan 11:19 27 Nov 2015

Forum Editor

If these are supplied by the company, are they declared as a "benefit in kind", or are they a health hazard under the Health and Safety at Work Act? I am suddenly quite peckish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

The AI robots getting a retro Saul Bass twist

macOS Security Failure - Apple's 'fix' doesn't work

Bon plan Amazon : l’aspirateur robot RoboVac L70 Hybrid de Eufy à 379,99 €