What on earth is going on with my house?

Blackhat 16:53 18 Sep 2018
Answered

In the last 6 months due to failure I have to replace my gas fire, gas cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, PC hard drive, kitchen ceiling, car written off, front door handle mechanism, TV, & CD player. Does this sound typical or am I having a nightmare? Some of you know that I am awaiting a hip replacement but a recent fall resulted in a fractured pelvis, what can go wrong next? As soon as my fracture heals my father is paying for hip operation privatly. Anyone else had such a bad spell?

BT 17:59 18 Sep 2018

I had to replace my TV recently. It worked fine when it was actually On but would take 30/40 attempts with the remote to actually get it to turn on.

Got nice new replacement and within 2 weeks my soundbar packed up. Just went 'ping' and wouldn't work any more, so had to buy a new one as the sound on new TV was awful as seems to be the norm with modern TVs.

Just waiting for Number 3.

Sealand1 18:28 18 Sep 2018

That is very bad luck. I feel bad for you. Nothing has broken in the past 6 months for me. I think your having a nightmare

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:31 18 Sep 2018

Not as bad as you. Two front tyre punctures in 10 days both resulting in new tyres, first inside wall and second two nails in close proximity meant unable to repair. Luckily the nails didn't go in the new tyre and had 20k out of the tyres.

Blackhat 20:06 18 Sep 2018

Fruit batemphasized text I forgot to mention my car tyres, both fonts had slow punctures &, had to replaced 2 months ago. I am reluctant to get up tomorrow to see what next.

bumpkin 20:24 18 Sep 2018

*Does this sound typical *

I don't know if it is typical but I have found that these things seem to come in spates. One thing after another in a fairly short time period then a lull before the next kick in the goolies.

wee eddie 20:29 18 Sep 2018

I would replace your bunny's paw

Menzie 20:29 18 Sep 2018

My current kick in the behind was I was rear ended by a distracted driver while sitting at a set of lights.

Been through insurance which has been a nightmare, will be without my vehicle while it gets repaired. Also had to get a new child seat as per the rules.

Not a great deal of damage mind you (rear bumper only) and clearly the other person's fault.

However I see my insurance company raising my rate next year come renewal.

Aitchbee 20:39 18 Sep 2018

Blackhat, did you not have a go at fixing any of these appliances instead of replacing them? Once you get your new hip and are up-and-running, you'll be ready and able to fix anything, I reckon ;o]

Blackhat 21:49 18 Sep 2018
Answer

Aitchbee, mostly sealed units, I don't mess with gas. Tried to fix all but needed proffesial help with parts, fixed kitchen ceiling, taken over 1 hour to post this response as I keep getting bounced around loads of web sites on speakers corner only.

Aitchbee 21:52 18 Sep 2018

Blackhat, your last response attempt really does sounds like a nightmare.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?