What does the future hold for us?

Cymro. 13:48 29 Jun 2017

BBC news site

So what does the future hold for us then? Driverless cars are only the start. What else lies ahead for us? Are you an optimist who looks forward to such things or someone who thinks it will end up as some sort of hell on earth? Personally I look forward to new technology with the only regret that at 70 years old I am going to miss the best of it all. Yes there will be snags but I am confident that whatever the scientist come up with wwe will manage and so make the best of it all.

lotvic 20:17 04 Jul 2017

I'm opting for cremation, I don't want my body poked and prodded like Iceman's click here

bumpkin 20:30 04 Jul 2017

Mine has been poked and prodded while still alive.

geoff96 20:31 04 Jul 2017

lotvic

Then we will keep you on the back burner then, if you will excuse the pun.

lotvic 21:05 04 Jul 2017

geoff96, Oh no, when I've gone - toast - turn it up high, make it quick.

mole44 05:08 05 Jul 2017

What does the future hold well i predict you still go to the supermarket and 80% of the checkouts are unmanned

lotvic 10:24 05 Jul 2017

mole44, that's a good point, reckon they'll have us re-stocking the shelves as well as serving and checking ourselves out.

bumpkin 20:26 05 Jul 2017

There will be no supermarkets, no staff even now. You order online and pay automatically. Then they deliver some food, I am hoping that in the future you actually get what you have ordered but probably just a pipe dream.

oresome 20:46 05 Jul 2017

I am hoping that in the future you actually get what you have ordered

I think your diet will be managed to ensure it's healthy and imposes less strain on the NHS.

bumpkin 21:28 05 Jul 2017

I think your diet will be managed to ensure it's healthy and imposes less strain on the NHS.

Not a bad idea probably no food as we know it required, just a bag of pills. Presumambly free to those that contribute nothing and extortionaly expensive for those that do.

lotvic 21:39 05 Jul 2017

Of course, I'd forgotten, Fridges and other appliances can order to re-stock themselves. Also there's Alexa you can command do that and much more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

Alice Tye on blurring the line between fine art and illustration with Japan as her muse

Best free iPhone games 2019

Comparatif : iPhone XS vs Samsung Galaxy S10