What does the future hold for us?

Cymro. 13:48 29 Jun 2017

BBC news site

So what does the future hold for us then? Driverless cars are only the start. What else lies ahead for us? Are you an optimist who looks forward to such things or someone who thinks it will end up as some sort of hell on earth? Personally I look forward to new technology with the only regret that at 70 years old I am going to miss the best of it all. Yes there will be snags but I am confident that whatever the scientist come up with wwe will manage and so make the best of it all.

bumpkin 15:37 29 Jun 2017

Armageddon most likely.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:15 29 Jun 2017

Driverless cars - bring them on, will be a godsend for the elderly who have to give up driving for health reasons.

Technology has to be made simple to use, my smart phone probably does hundreds of things I haven't got to grips with yet and probably never will.

Most people in my classes just take photos of the presentation and no notes at all.

In a meeting yesterday think I was the only person using pen and paper every one else use tablets.

Pine Man 16:27 29 Jun 2017

the only regret that at 70 years old I am going to miss the best of it all

Couldn't agree less.

Our generation has already had the best IMHO.

oresome 09:00 02 Jul 2017

I read that we only have a few years left to reverse the global warming effect.

As much of the world is under-developed yet, I can't see that happening.

If the scientists are proved correct, we will become extinct like the dinosaurs.

I tend to agree that the best has passed.

Cymro. 10:25 02 Jul 2017

If the scientists are proved correct, we will become extinct like the dinosaurs. oresome**

I am much more optimistic and believe our problems can be overcome. Yes it will be difficult and take time and money even a world war may come of it. Man has and still does some very stupid things but to just stand by and take our fate. No that will not happen. Man is intelligent and resourceful so I believe our world will go through all sort of changes many of them very dangerous all of therm very difficult but we will overcome and in the end mankind will flourish like never before. Difficult times to come but we will win through.

wee eddie 10:40 02 Jul 2017

I expect that many of our problems will be changed by a Global Pandemic of some kind. I doubt that I will survive it but a 30% reduction in the world's population would be a game changer

Old Deuteronomy 11:47 02 Jul 2017

Driverless cars - bring them on, will be a godsend for the elderly who have to give up driving for health reasons.

When they eventually reach the point where true driverless cars are ready for sale to the general public, who is going to be able to afford them? All that technology is going to be very expensive, at least in the early years and manufacturers are going to want to recoup the vast sums being spent on development, of so much new technology and the endless trials to satisfy regulators.

Old Deuteronomy 11:49 02 Jul 2017

I expect that many of our problems will be changed by a Global Pandemic of some kind. I doubt that I will survive it but a 30% reduction in the world's population would be a game changer

With the ongoing problem of increasing drug resistance, I suspect it is matter of when, not if that may happen.

Brumas 12:58 02 Jul 2017

I'm surprised owd Aitchbee hasn't given this link ;o}

click here

wee eddie 14:55 02 Jul 2017

Or maybe this It's good news week.

No longer heard on the BBC because it was written by a convicted paedophile

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)