What do you see in this?... Oh dear!

Diemmess 16:33 10 Feb 2006

Now running on Ebay with 2hrs to lose your money?
click here

watchful 17:55 10 Feb 2006

set of bidders (mostly from USA)and mostly newbies. Weird. Seller's feedback hidden but has done satisfactory deals.

Diemmess 18:12 10 Feb 2006

I looked again and the top bidder with the variable (often) name jumped from £500 to £3333.
He/she seems a "fruit case" with a host of name changes and retractions, as well as keeping feedback private.

We'll probably never know who bought this deal and whether it was ever completed.

Diemmess 20:04 10 Feb 2006

Even the banks chosen for payment, reek of suspicion, but the sale is over and I'll resolve this.

spuds 21:33 10 Feb 2006

Talking about good deals on eBay. If today's Daily Express is correct, then the owner of Chelsea football club as instructed his legal people to put in a bid of 85 million for a not yet built yacht or ship that's being advertised on eBay.

Apparently, he already owns three similar vessels, with a market value of 65 million on his best 'toy' of the fleet.

Diemmess 09:53 11 Feb 2006

I think you are right.
He saw what we all saw - spelling mistakes in a gaudy presentation, lots of ambiguities, and payment methods which were almost guaranteed to disappear into a black hole.............
......but he DID something about it!

spuds 10:03 11 Feb 2006

But will the highest bidder have a bad feedback, or even worse,have their eBay membership cancelled, for not honouring a contract? :o)

watchful 14:06 11 Feb 2006

bidder, if you look at his 'about me' is supposed to be a protector of honest bidders. Think I'll keep an eye on his feedback just to see.

Diemmess 15:17 11 Feb 2006

Not only the vendor who keeps his past to himself.
The bidder has a weird record too. 4 deals, three positive feedback, one negative "wouldn't pay"

During the same period has made 19 bid retractions!

watchful 16:23 11 Feb 2006

that could be how he is protecting unsuspecting buyers...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf