Hot Topics

What do you hate about getting old.

bumpkin 21:39 19 Nov 2017

I don't mean the physical things like illness or not being able to see the progress of your off spring once you have gone. Whilst I can imagine the future be I right or wrong I will never know. Those that have lived 100yrs have seen huge changes in a relatively short time. Any thoughts on this.

wee eddie 22:07 19 Nov 2017

I hate it that I can no longer recognise the difference in taste between the Premier Cru Clarets, let alone afford them

Aitchbee 22:25 19 Nov 2017

I've had to downsize on my outdoor potted plants. It's not so easy now to look after them the way I used to. I've whittled 'em down to about twenty.

bumpkin 22:29 19 Nov 2017

Belatucadrus, you excelled yourself with that one LOL.

hastelloy 08:52 20 Nov 2017

They say that age is all in the mind. The trick is to keep it from creeping down into your body.

Pine Man 10:26 20 Nov 2017

My shoelaces seem to be getting further away from my hands!

john bunyan 12:24 20 Nov 2017

My brain makes appointments that my body cannot keep.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 20 Nov 2017

Harder to do the "fine work" in tight spaces - can't get my head in the right place to get the varifocals to work. (I 'm struggling to see the shoelaces) ;0)

Can't do some of the things I did when younger the reaction times just aren't fast enough anymore never mind the physical side of it.

Names are fast going (although faces are still there) I going to start wearing a badge that says "I'm old, remind me who you are".

I certainly can't learn things as fast I as I used to even though I have learn't why.

Now I've seen how much the world has change in my lifetime I would love to see mankind reach Mars and other planets and stars.

Menzie 15:19 20 Nov 2017

Not being able to relate (or enjoy) to any of the music on the radio or most modern TV shows or movies.

Smudge120 15:28 20 Nov 2017

I can remember when you had to put four old pennies in tp speak to an operator from a phone box. Do not have any problems with laces. Only my dance shoes and one pair of walking shoes have laces. Will not climb ladders. I do not nee glasses but if the print is very small, I will use a magnifying glass.

Govan1x 17:47 20 Nov 2017

The Cold.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?