What do you hate about getting old.

bumpkin 21:39 19 Nov 2017

I don't mean the physical things like illness or not being able to see the progress of your off spring once you have gone. Whilst I can imagine the future be I right or wrong I will never know. Those that have lived 100yrs have seen huge changes in a relatively short time. Any thoughts on this.

wee eddie 22:07 19 Nov 2017

I hate it that I can no longer recognise the difference in taste between the Premier Cru Clarets, let alone afford them

Belatucadrus 22:23 19 Nov 2017

My loss of optimism, Einsteins quotation seems truer every passing year :-

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe!

Aitchbee 22:25 19 Nov 2017

I've had to downsize on my outdoor potted plants. It's not so easy now to look after them the way I used to. I've whittled 'em down to about twenty.

bumpkin 22:29 19 Nov 2017

Belatucadrus, you excelled yourself with that one LOL.

hastelloy 08:52 20 Nov 2017

They say that age is all in the mind. The trick is to keep it from creeping down into your body.

Pine Man 10:26 20 Nov 2017

My shoelaces seem to be getting further away from my hands!

john bunyan 12:24 20 Nov 2017

My brain makes appointments that my body cannot keep.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:32 20 Nov 2017

Harder to do the "fine work" in tight spaces - can't get my head in the right place to get the varifocals to work. (I 'm struggling to see the shoelaces) ;0)

Can't do some of the things I did when younger the reaction times just aren't fast enough anymore never mind the physical side of it.

Names are fast going (although faces are still there) I going to start wearing a badge that says "I'm old, remind me who you are".

I certainly can't learn things as fast I as I used to even though I have learn't why.

Now I've seen how much the world has change in my lifetime I would love to see mankind reach Mars and other planets and stars.

Menzie 15:19 20 Nov 2017

Not being able to relate (or enjoy) to any of the music on the radio or most modern TV shows or movies.

Smudge120 15:28 20 Nov 2017

I can remember when you had to put four old pennies in tp speak to an operator from a phone box. Do not have any problems with laces. Only my dance shoes and one pair of walking shoes have laces. Will not climb ladders. I do not nee glasses but if the print is very small, I will use a magnifying glass.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts