What are your views on breast feeding in public.

spuds 13:45 24 Sep 2015
Answered

Some people say "No problem" other may think "Total disgrace, should not be allowed". So in reality it all comes down to individual tastes I suppose.

What prompt me to ask the question, was the article in the BBC link, which is likely to cause a mother to be away from her child, and not only that, the amount of public funds that will be required to see this particular case through to completion.

Should it all have been dealt with in a very different manner, considering our courts are over stretched with backlogs, under funding and resources, or at least that is what we are often told. Or should the whole affair have been dealt with in a more appropriate' way?.

Link to article click here

Quickbeam 13:52 24 Sep 2015

No probs with me, it's as natural as eating a sandwich in public when you're hungry!

kad292 14:10 24 Sep 2015

Her perjury may cause her "to be away from her child" so it is her fault.

Quickbeam 14:10 24 Sep 2015

Wasn't it the over sensitive Victorians that started making it taboo to see by introducing ladies waiting rooms on stations?

Pine Man 14:21 24 Sep 2015

Spuds

She WASN"T breastfeeding!

She committed a criminal act!

Aitchbee 14:33 24 Sep 2015

... a storm in a D-cup!

spuds 15:10 24 Sep 2015

The point why I raised this issue, was in my opinion, the whole affair could have been resolved in a more sensitive way, instead of costing the public a fair amount of money to bring this case to court, and a higher court at that.

This particular court and its sister magistrate court, have both been brought into the limelight recently of people being fined, for possible minor offences, yet the defense have made it very clear from the very beginning, that a fine would be impossible to pay.

So surely, there must be other 'common sense' approaches needed, and especially so, if its a first offence.

Pine Man 15:29 24 Sep 2015

'could have been resolved in a more sensitive way'

The woman lied about an incident that didn't happen. What were her motives? What about the potential effect on others involved like the security guard if the complaint had been upheld. Was she seeking compensation?

Custodial will do nicely thank you.

spuds 15:38 24 Sep 2015

"Custodial will do nicely thank you."

I thought that they had stopped shipping people out to Australia in prison ships, but alas it might seem not.

Each case on its own merit I say. Was this women trying to seek attention for whatever reason (family, mental, post-natal depression, a female problem for starters) because the way I see it, if it hadn't been a remark made on Facebook, this event might not have gone anywhere.

With regards to the security person losing their job, this was discounted in the very early days by Primark, due to cctv evidence.

Gordon Freeman 15:39 24 Sep 2015

This isn't about breast-feeding in public, is it? I think you're muddled spuds.

'could have been resolved in a more sensitive way'...so how do you think perjury should be resolved? Ditto what Pine Man said, totally, including the bit on 'custodial'.

Gordon Freeman 15:48 24 Sep 2015

Reading further back 'Ms Starmer wrote on the breastfeeding campaign Free to Feed's page' ...so she's a campaigner...

but what's more interesting is the reaction 'The Free to Feed group posted: "This is absolutely disgusting. Primark sort it out!! This woman deserves more than a public apology! I actually feel sick with rage."

Who's feeling a bit foolish now then, F2F group?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)