What am I letting myself in for?

Brumas 23:34 02 Sep 2008

I shall hopefully reach my 60th birthday intact later on in this month as my present is a session on the skidpan at Knockhill Racing Circuit just by Dunfermline!
What am I to expect, will I need to wear brown trousers, will I bottle out and will I enjoy it???

Oh, anyone know of a nice little place to eat nearby, preferably a licensed establishment, as I am pretty sure I will need a beer afterwards!

cycoze 23:47 02 Sep 2008

I bought my Wife a days rallying and skidpan training, she loved it, i was allowed to sit in the back of the car for her last few skidpan laps, great fun.

No brown trousers needed !

Noldi 06:22 03 Sep 2008

Some European Country’s specify that you have to do a days Skid pan training within 1 year of passing your driving test or you have your licence taken away.

If inexperienced drivers enjoy it then im sure you will.

octal 06:28 03 Sep 2008

"What am I to expect"

Your wrinkly pass like me, I get mine next month.

Enjoy the skid pan, sounds fun.

spuds 11:30 03 Sep 2008

Looks like the right time for training, just before winter conditions set-in. Good Luck and enjoy.

WhiteTruckMan 12:15 03 Sep 2008

with 30 tonnes of 13 meter trailer hanging off the back end with a stubborn streak and a mind of its own :(

Relax and enjoy yourself. Its more fun than a sack full of ferrets.

Quickbeam 12:20 03 Sep 2008

there's no age limit for adventure.

Brumas 13:03 03 Sep 2008

As my mind has now been put to rest, all I need is the place to eat :o)

Picklefactory 13:25 03 Sep 2008
  Bingalau 13:48 03 Sep 2008

Brumas. I am sure you will enjoy it. If you haven't got brown undies, make sure the skid marks are on the road.

Brumas 14:05 03 Sep 2008

Spot on! Thanks to everyone else for all their contributions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?