Wettest day for 50 years...

Quickbeam 13:29 25 Jun 2007

apparently click here

Not often I agree unequivocally with a newspaper headline.

Pine Man 13:43 25 Jun 2007

I suppose everybody will start worrying about 'Global Wetting' now!

wee eddie 13:47 25 Jun 2007

We haven't got to Glasgow Fayre yet!

PalaeoBill 13:58 25 Jun 2007

The sun is shining in Leicester and has been for most of the morning.

Bingalau 14:21 25 Jun 2007

Been rather wet and windy in Liverpool area and we have had a lot of rain in "God's Little Acre" Formby. But it looks as if it is brightening up a little now.

Mike D 14:32 25 Jun 2007

Oh well, I suppose it will soon be time for drought orders again!

Input Overload 14:38 25 Jun 2007

It rained all night & it's been raining all day here in Chestefield.

TopCat® 15:37 25 Jun 2007

around the world I think I've come up with a lucrative business idea. There's floods in some countries and droughts in others, the latest I read being eight million Chinese suffering severe water shortages in the Inner Mongolia and Liaoning province. click here

What I need is a fleet of tankers complete with tanks lined with stainless steel and I reckon I could make a fortune, after costs, carrying water to these arid areas. Anyone got a fleet they would like to hire out to me and be rewarded with a large share of the profits? :o)) TC.

johndrew 16:14 25 Jun 2007

Would it be cheaper and less polluting to install a pipeline? You could be the world`s first water mogul and sell the stuff to some of the oil producers - or perhaps exchange it for oil - after all there was one plan to float an iceberg to the Middle East!!!!

TopCat® 16:36 25 Jun 2007

To keep the thread on track I report here that my area in Cornwall has been drowning for many hours now. Very heavy rain for most of today but dropped to a drizzle just at the moment.

johndrew. I would off-load supplies into storage tanks at many ports around the world. These countries would then have to use a pipeline or road tankers to get it to where it's needed. ;o) TC.

Diemmess 17:00 25 Jun 2007

I expect most know the Met Office radar rainfall site ? click here
I watch it most days. Back tracking shows me why from dusk last night, till about midday today I collected 45mm of rain in the gauge.

Late Tuesday afternoon was spectacular with only 32 mm but all in 25 minutes!
The lane outside drained through our garden like a micro-tsunami when the gullies in the road just couldn't cope any more.
That was certainly the wettest hour in all the years I have lived about a mile from the Severn not far from the Welsh border.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts