Hot Topics

Well that was a surprise.....

OTT_B 11:30 24 Mar 2016
Answered

I've finally got round to doing some PC maintenance, clearing out junk, unused software and archiving photos. Part of this was to try and stop Adobe Creative Cloud from asking me to update and install software, notably Photoshop, which I don't have......or as it turns out, I do!!

I have a monthly subscription for Lightroom (£8.50 ish) and thought that was all it paid for. It turns out that also gets me Photoshop, too!

I suppose I could look at it in terms of over-paying for Lightroom, but the monthly cost of £8.50 to have Lightroom continuously updated to latest version is absolutely fine by me, so Photoshop is then a bonus on top.

Anyone else had a hidden surprise in something you've paid for?

But then I should ask.....any recommended tutorials for Photoshop out there?!!?? Haven't a clue how to use it!

hssutton 18:47 26 Mar 2016

Aitchbee. If you thought was a bargain have a look here p Photoshop CS2 is free you only have to register Photoshop free legally

Aitchbee 19:18 26 Mar 2016

Thanks for that suggestion hssutton, but I think I'll just stick with what I've got. A while back, I had Photoshop CS5 on one of my old XP computers that suddenly failed to load up. The on-screen message from Adobe Photoshop said " Could not complete your request because of missing or invalid personalization information."

Once bitten twice shy ... as far as registering with Adobe is concerned.

OTT_B 10:36 29 Mar 2016

It's been a busy Easter weekend, I've been reading posts as they've been coming in but have not had time to respond. Thanks to everyone who has posted.

hssutton: thanks for the Nik details. By coincidence I saw a press article saying that Google had now made the plugin free almost immediately after you posted the details! I'll have a closer look tonight. Looks like it could be very handy :)

Ex-Dragon: I'll have a look at Adobe TV tonight.

Forum Editor 11:14 29 Mar 2016

Bear in mind the fact that the free Photoshop download at hssutton's link is the 10 year old version. It's still pretty good though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

Diversity Matters more than ever in illustration

Apple doubles price of MacBook Pro RAM upgrade

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans