Welcome back Spitting Image soon

john bunyan 09:03 30 Sep 2019
Answered

One of my favourites is returning to TV. Very appropriate timing - Trump, Rees Mogg, Boris, Corbyn there are so many to lampoon, and we need a bit of laughter.

spitting image

Quickbeam 10:36 30 Sep 2019

I think it'll be succesfull, the original was a hit because we were very aware of the political players. Brexit has reawakened that awareness.

Old Deuteronomy 11:11 30 Sep 2019

They are in discussion with US networks, so it is likely to be US, rather than UK-centric, which I think is a bit sad.

john bunyan 11:23 30 Sep 2019

Trump’s puppet could use his real Twitter feed - more bizarre than a fictional one.

Dunk 11:32 30 Sep 2019

Surely the UK's travails at present would be gold dust for the production, so they might do a mini-series about our lot!

Menzie 13:05 30 Sep 2019

It's not the 80s/90s any more; most of the classic shows when they bring them back are missing something.

It's a different world now, and if it offends today's viewers they will know within seconds of airing.

I do hope it's successful, I did enjoy the old ones.

amonra 07:33 01 Oct 2019

With the US attitude of sueing anything or anybody for the slightest deviation from the norm, I can't see it being like the old version (which was fantastic), and poked fun at all the pompous idiots to expose their grandstanding for what it was worth. Anyway, PC correctness and its supporters will raise hell no matter what.

Forum Editor 08:16 01 Oct 2019

I'm in favour of letting sleeping memories lie. Milking old TV ideas seldom works well in my experience.

Govan1x 09:15 01 Oct 2019

Have to agree with the Forum Editor.

Very few comeback programs last long as they are not as good or old news whichever way you look at it.

Now the latest one. Supermarket Sweep is unbelievably poor. The original one was not much better. So much crap getting on tv just now probably because they are cheap to make and poor to watch. But it fills half an hours space up for the TV organisers.

I think I am getting more like Victor every day.

Old Deuteronomy 09:53 01 Oct 2019

Now the latest one. Supermarket Sweep is unbelievably poor.

At least Dale Winton had a personality. Based on the trailers I've had the misfortune to see, the new presenter is just an animated cardboard cutout.

WhirlingRound 13:47 05 Oct 2019
Answer

I would very much welcome the return of Spitting Image. It would provide a much needed laugh in today's political climate. There was a rather poor attempt in the name of Newsoids on ITV years ago. S/I was far better.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2019

macOS Catalina: Latest Version, Updates, Problems, Fixes & Features

Les meilleurs téléphones Android (à moins de 600 €)