website for technical help on car

Fred the flour grader 19:51 05 Oct 2006

Hi guys,

I wonder if any of you can help me find a web site which can help me identify a fault on my car. I own a 2003 Renault Scenic and it has a outside temp reading on the dashboard, the problem is it is reading about 10 degrees too low. I don't want to take it to the garage and get charged an arm and a leg for a sensor or buy a Haynes manual for this one minor fault.

Sorry this request is not computer related but, I always think someone in here will be able to help.
Many thanks.......Fred

patsyanne 20:01 05 Oct 2006

Hi Fred, Try here click here theres a link where you can ask a question ,think you have to join .

TOPCAT® 14:37 07 Oct 2006

could be with the temperature sensor unit(s) which is/are built in under the exterior driving mirror(s). TC.

realist 16:17 07 Oct 2006

You could try asking here
click here

Fred the flour grader 22:23 07 Oct 2006

thanks for all who answered my question. Topcat you are right, there is a sensor under the passenger side mirror which must of been knocked whilst I was washing the car. I have wiggled it about (technically of course) and the temp is fluctuating more now. I still think it's faulty so will have to look for the part concerned. I have heard that they try to sell you a mirror housing with the sensor built in but, you can get a sensor and solder it in to the exsisting mirror housing.
I am planning to sign up to both places where Patsyanne and realist have mentioned for future reference.
On a final point, what a place this PC Advisor forums is! have a problem with yuor car and get help from the great people here. I think this is fantastic, once again thanks for your help.
Regards.....Fred.

Curio 15:02 08 Oct 2006

You might just get the mirror plus sensor from a scrapyard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?