Web page slowing browser down.

hastelloy 11:12 12 Jan 2019
Answered

I know there has been a thread about this site being slow but this is slightly different.

When it takes longer than usual to load a page, I get a yellow band across the top saying "A web page is slowing your browser. What would you like to do?" The options are "Stop it" or "Wait". This has been happening for some time but only on this site. I have always clicked the first option and then it continues as normal. I'm using Firefox.

hastelloy 12:05 12 Jan 2019

MJS WARLORD

Yes, silly of me to get the wrong forum. I'll try your suggestions later. As I said, this only ever happens on this site.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:46 12 Jan 2019

MJS WARLORD

I have been trying to post to your "priacy" thread but unfortunately the post symbol just spins and adblock numbrers ramp up radiply and the post never completes. Obviously something wrong on the site somewhere.

Forum Editor 15:01 12 Jan 2019

"I get a yellow band across the top saying "A web page is slowing your browser. What would you like to do?"

You are not alone, it's been happening to me and I raised it with our deveopment team a few days ago. They were investigating, and perhaps they found something because it has suddenly stopped happening.

Forum Editor 15:03 12 Jan 2019

MJS WARLORD

"...yesterday I got dozens of auto email replies from previous postings"

I raised that issue with the development team last week, and they obviously tracked down the cause of the problem.

hastelloy 07:38 15 Jan 2019

Haven't had the yellow band since FE's post and the site is flying this morning.

hastelloy 16:05 24 Jan 2019
Answer

Now the yellow band is back!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Review: Hands-on

Fred Deakin on creating the artwork for his sci-fi rock opera The Lasters

Best iOS 13 features: What does iOS 13 do

Les meilleures enceintes connectées avec écran tactile (2019)