we need things made in britain again

KEITH 1955 16:36 27 Oct 2018

The average man in the street does not understand the workings of the Brexit and some politicians are still unsure of what will happen when we leave Europe. Their is a lot of talk that counties will refuse to trade with us or price us out of deals and personally I hope that happens.

We used to be a proud manufacturing nation but for many years now we have invented something , sold a few then taken production abroad and yes I know companies do it because costs are lower.

We need to get "invented in Britain" changed to "made in Britain".

Cleaners made abroad , cheap nasty pens made in korea ,some of my own companies circuit boards are made in india and the quality control is appalling you get a free bag of bits with every order to replace bits missing off the boards.

Look around your own home and see how long it takes you to find something "made in Britain". Personally I would be prepared to pay a few quid more to buy stuff made here.

FOOTNOTE.... my wife has a microwave porridge bowl made in new zeland and sold in a well known kitchen shop , can you beat that.

Cymro. 10:42 28 Oct 2018

MJS WARLORD Personally I would be prepared to pay a few quid more to buy stuff made here.

You'r lucky but just remember not all of us can afford to pay the inflated prices charged by U.K. firms.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?