We do not disclose your personal information.

bumpkin 18:13 10 Nov 2014

We do not disclose your personal information.

Good, I am pleased about that or I may become inundated with nuisance calls and spam Emails from injury lawyers were someone in my family to have a car accident. Strange co-incidence that I am though.

bumpkin 20:41 10 Nov 2014

What's the point, nothing will be done even if it can be.

bumpkin 21:24 10 Nov 2014

The only thing that will be done if anything at all is that the "Information Commissioner" will contact those that may have the information, Insurance Co/Police/Ambulance or recovery company and say that this person (Me) has reported them, they will all of course deny it anyway.

beynac 08:26 11 Nov 2014

I get these calls. They say that "their records" show that I have had an accident in the last two years - I haven't. One time I asked where they had got that information from. They answered that it was from their "RT" department!

I think that it's probably a coincidence that your calls started after an accident.

morddwyd 19:55 11 Nov 2014

"What's the point, nothing will be done even if it can be."

If you feel the Commissioner is not doing a proper job you should complain to your MP, who can get the Ombudsman to investigate.

Apathy is the comfort of the wrongdoer.

bumpkin 20:13 11 Nov 2014

Not a case of apathy more of a distrust of others honesty or capabilities.

BT 08:13 12 Nov 2014

They say that "their records" show that I have had an accident in the last two years

I had one of these the other day. When I said 'No I haven't' the Asian lady said 'Are you sure'. I think I'd know! Next time I'll string them along with silly answers like 'I broke a finger nail the other day' or 'I stood on the cat's tail'

morddwyd 10:06 12 Nov 2014

I've got a good one "The government exposed me to aircraft noise which caused loss of hearing, and they won't pay compensation"!

Wonder how far I'd get with that?

lotvic 16:53 12 Nov 2014

Pardon, eh what was that? did morddwyd just say something?

Forum Editor 17:23 12 Nov 2014

"FE, it seems straightforward enough to me. Following a car accident involving a member of my family using my vehicle I get phone calls and Emails from injury lawyers who must have got my full name, Email address and phone number from somewhere. Why does that make little or no sense."

Why? because you didn't include all that information in your opening post, that's why. Of course it seemed straightforward to you - you knew the facts. I didn't.

Forum Editor 17:27 12 Nov 2014

"What's the point, nothing will be done even if it can be"

That, if you'll forgive me for saying so, is a pretty apathetic attitude, as morddwyd has indicated.

In view of it I'm wondering - yet again - what the point of your original post was.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?