As we coast down the hill to Christmas,

Forum Editor 09:52 20 Dec 2014

or climb it, depending on how organised you are, all of us at PCA would like to wish all of you a very happy Christmas, and a peaceful New Year.

As always, we would like to thank you all for your continued presence here, and for those of you who provide help and advice to others in our technical help areas a special vote of thanks is due - we wouldn't still be here without you.

On a personal note, I would like to say thank you to those of you who send me spam notifications - they are a great help, please keep up the good work. Thanks,too, go to my colleagues at PCA for the unfailing help and support they provide.

We're about to enter our fifteenth year in the forum, and we're looking forward to it with enthusiasm. Stay with us, 2015 is going to be a good year.

carver 12:59 24 Dec 2014

May you all have a very happy Xmas and a good start to the new year, may I also ask you to think of the people who will not be spending Christmas with their loved ones but will be spending it at work.

flycatcher1 19:39 24 Dec 2014

A Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Peaceful New Year to all the Staff of PCA and the Forum Members. With a particular thought to those who are not well or in an unhappy state of mind.

With the state of the world these days one can only help that everyone, everywhere, can think a little more about peace, happiness and helping our fellow men and stop trying to hurt one another.

Like many on the Forum I too have worked over Christmas - in the early Sixties I remember us getting rid of our Nuclear Weapons and loading up with 21 thousand pounders ready to attack Iraq if, as intelligence suggested, they invaded Kuwait. The Alert was called on the afternoon of December 23rd and I spent some time on the'phone re-calling people. One Telephone Operator (Remember those ?) was doing her job but quietly crying. I asked her what the problem was and she said -"If I hadn't stayed for one more drink I would be on the Irish Ferry now".

Turned out to be one of our best Christmases ever and Iraq got the message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)