Hot Topics

Wayne Rooney goal scoring tributes exagerrated ?

iscanut 12:57 09 Sep 2015
Answered

I cannot understand all the fuss especially as the last two goals that created this record were penalties. How many goals have not been penalties and if these were stripped out, how do other striker,s records compare. Surely any footballer of so called international standard can score penalties ( except on some occasions, English players ! )

hssutton 14:44 09 Sep 2015

Charlton scored 3 penalties for England, with Rooney 5. Have read here to see how they compared. Charlton/Rooney

hastelloy 15:50 09 Sep 2015

Isn't that what they're paid big bucks to do?

Have the other 10 players not had any part in it?

Ungus 18:37 09 Sep 2015

Iscanut2

Can't agree with you there Rooney is a fantastic striker wish he was Scottish, but with a name like his I suppose we can say he has Celtic connections.

kad292 01:11 10 Sep 2015

Whether the goal is scored from a penalty or open play makes no difference to me,a goal is a goal and they all count,they both have averaged a goal every two games which makes them equal.

Dragon_Heart 18:26 10 Sep 2015

Just a player on the field of his skill can in itself cause goals to be scored.

To be awarded a penalty you need to have got the ball into your opponents penalty area in the first place.

He have taken 6 penalties for England so far and scored with each. Eleven of his 48 England goals has been scored using his head, yes I know he used his head for all of them but you get my drift.

hastelloy 08:38 11 Sep 2015
Answer

"Just a player on the field of his skill can in itself cause goals to be scored."

The rest of the team can stay at home then?

"To be awarded a penalty you need to have got the ball into your opponents penalty area in the first place."

For "you" read "team"?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?