A very sad announcement about a great PCA forum contributor

john bunyan 18:55 21 Jan 2015
Answered

I have the sad duty to inform fellow forum members of the fact the our good friend Woolwell died on 12th Jan following a long illness which he bore with exemplary courage. He was so helpful on most of the forums and a leading winner in Brumas' Friday evening puzzles. I have been in direct touch with him for some time, and have his widow's permission to record his passing on this forum. A quote from "Mrs Woolwell" "It was one of the first places he visited when logging on to his computer, and I know he enjoyed some real distant friendships with other users. It made him very happy to provide advice, and also to speak to other kindred spirits."

I am sure we all share fond memories of a great participant here and his loss (at only 67) is very sad.

dangerus1 20:45 22 Jan 2015

Sorry to hear the news, he will be greatly missed for having the patience to answer some of questions. My condolences to his family.

LastChip 21:44 22 Jan 2015

It's never easy hearing news like this. For someone who one sees regularly posting help, it's hard to believe. RIP Woolwell.

The Old Mod 06:27 23 Jan 2015

Very sorry to hear about Woolwell, he will be missed.

flycatcher1 17:17 23 Jan 2015

To live in the hearts and memories of those we love is not to die.

Brumas 23:02 24 Jan 2015

JamesD07,I do hope you will have a look in on Friday night and carry on the family tradition.

lotvic 23:39 24 Jan 2015

JamesD07, and 'Mrs Woolwell' you will be able to read all of Woolwell's posts if you click on his name and choose 'view Woolwell's Profile' this may be of some comfort to know that his advice and comments will still be here to help others.

Ex plorer 14:21 26 Jan 2015

My condolences, a great contributer to this site and will be missed for his topics, comments, and past help to myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Microsoft's Surface Pro 7 adds faster chips, USB-C – and Adobe Fresco

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Bon Plan Fnac : -35 % sur le PC Ultra-Portable Acer Swift 7 SF714-52T