Hot Topics

A very sad announcement about a great PCA forum contributor

john bunyan 18:55 21 Jan 2015
Answered

I have the sad duty to inform fellow forum members of the fact the our good friend Woolwell died on 12th Jan following a long illness which he bore with exemplary courage. He was so helpful on most of the forums and a leading winner in Brumas' Friday evening puzzles. I have been in direct touch with him for some time, and have his widow's permission to record his passing on this forum. A quote from "Mrs Woolwell" "It was one of the first places he visited when logging on to his computer, and I know he enjoyed some real distant friendships with other users. It made him very happy to provide advice, and also to speak to other kindred spirits."

I am sure we all share fond memories of a great participant here and his loss (at only 67) is very sad.

Quickbeam 09:33 22 Jan 2015

...reading through the rest of the posts, I'm reminded that although most of us would never know each other if passing in the street, but have built up quite close associations with each other, mostly friendly, but at times stormy.

But through the medium of PCA, we've all learnt a little of each other's semi anonymous characters, and in a strange way can feel genuine sadness on learning of the passing away of a fellow PCA member.

SparkyJack 09:46 22 Jan 2015

A sad passing .

His presence here will be sorely mssed

john bunyan 09:47 22 Jan 2015

F.E if you could be so kind as to print out the tributes and give it to the appropriate person i'm sure we would all be grateful

I will pass on all the messages after the Friday puzzle, perhaps also give a link to this thread to Mrs Woolwell with the suggestion that if she ever needs help on PC matters I am sure she would be inundated with aid on the forums. I am sure that at the moment computer issues are far from her mind and our collective thoughts are with her and her family at this sad time.

sunnystaines 16:55 22 Jan 2015

sorry to hear that, he was a great help to so many here

caccy 17:00 22 Jan 2015

Please pass on my condolences

carver 17:52 22 Jan 2015

Only just seen this, shall miss seeing his comments on this site.

A forum member who will be sadly missed.

alB* 18:17 22 Jan 2015

This is sad news, my condolences to Woolwells wife and family ...alB

johndrew 19:31 22 Jan 2015

A sad loss to family and forum. He helped me on more than one occasion.

flycatcher1 19:50 22 Jan 2015

Woolwell's comments on this Forum were helpful and to the point - he will be sadly missed. My condolences to his Wife and Family and I am sure they will appreciate the comments written on this topic about his passing.

dangerus1 20:45 22 Jan 2015

Sorry to hear the news, he will be greatly missed for having the patience to answer some of questions. My condolences to his family.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huge discounts across Microsoft, HP, Acer & Asus in Amazon Summer Sale

Japanese fashion illustration makes for one dreamy catwalk

Tim Cook will face antitrust committee on 27 July

App Store : comment obtenir un remboursement ?