The verdict is delivered what next then?

Cymro. 11:11 24 Sep 2019

BBC news link

So where do we go from here then?

BT 11:25 24 Sep 2019

So Gina Miller wins again

Old Deuteronomy 11:35 24 Sep 2019

Boris broke the law, he should resign.

Quickbeam 12:02 24 Sep 2019

The term reported says that he didn't act lawfully, not that he broke the law.

Quickbeam 12:19 24 Sep 2019

It's a bit of a bummer that he'll miss out on his jolly at the party conference this year...

rickf 12:40 24 Sep 2019

Time to resign but I doubt it given his thick skin.

Govan1x 13:16 24 Sep 2019

Don't worry about Boris he will probably have another cunning plan up his sleeve.

I have to admit that i hoped that he was correct with what he did. Basically he was the only one standing up for a Brexit deal or no deal.

Deep down everyone knew that he was just chancing his luck.

But the fact is I would still vote for him rather than Corbyn.

A man not to be trusted. So him and boris should get on well.

If you think it has been bad under a Tory government I dread to think what it would be like under a labour government. And i was a labour voter for 60 years.

I still think labour will come 3rd in any general election so not sure why they are pushing for one.

Pine Man 13:32 24 Sep 2019

I would still vote for him rather than Corbyn.

........and that is the only thing that will keep Boris/The Tory Party in power. People that could not stomach Corbyn.

Menzie 13:46 24 Sep 2019

Does this mean the Sterling will go back up and my savings will be worth something again? :P

Forum Editor 14:05 24 Sep 2019

Menzie

The value of GBP rose slightly when the judgment was given, but don't hold your breath. Foreign investors have a tendency to be jumpy - it happens whenever there's a political crisis, regardless of the currency.

Forum Editor 14:13 24 Sep 2019

"So where do we go from here then?"

We go back to talking - talking in parliament, in the media, in the pub, and here, in the forum.

This is a problem which - like many others - can only be solved by debate. Parliament has to decide what happens next, and it does not have much time to do it. There will be all kinds of confusion and heated debate, and out of it must come some kind of order - a plan which is acceptable to parliament.

If ever the was a time for democracy to prove its worth, and for our elected representatives (of all parties) to act as if they are adults, rather than a bunch of squabbling, self-serving children, this is it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)