The U.S.A. today the U.K. tomorrow?

Cymro. 10:10 07 Jul 2019

BBC link

Personally I have never had a problem with this sort of thing but I dare say that many of you will see it as another step on the road to a "big brother" society.

Pine Man 10:12 07 Jul 2019

Personally I have never had a problem with this sort of thing

Nor me.

Brumas 17:37 07 Jul 2019

If it was linked with the police A.N.P.R. system I would be all for it.

morddwyd 20:23 07 Jul 2019

What does the link refer to?

john bunyan 20:32 07 Jul 2019

Morddwyd

This refers to places in the USA where local residents take automatic photos of cars and number plates entering their area. As said above it’s like an unofficial version of our CCTV cameras if linked to number ANPR

BT 09:16 08 Jul 2019

Probably a private 'Gated' community even though it has no gates as such and so they can do whatever they please. I know someone who lives in such an area and they have all sorts of rules and regulations even down to what they are allowed to grow in their gardens. My friends for instance aren't allowed to grow any type of vegetables in their garden.

morddwyd 09:32 08 Jul 2019

Thanks JB.

As I live in a place which has more CCTV cameras per capita than anywhere else in Europe I cannot get too exercised about this!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)