US and allies attack Syrian chemical weapons sites

Belatucadrus 09:34 14 Apr 2018
Answered

The US, UK and France have bombed multiple government targets in Syria in an early morning operation targeting alleged chemical weapons sites.

BBC

Al Jazeera

Quickbeam 06:38 17 Apr 2018

For the record, I don't disapprove of the action taken, but in being seen to be too readily on call to the illiterate twit in the Whitehouse!

flycatcher1 10:29 17 Apr 2018

Lyndon B Johnson said " Speak softly but carry a big stick". Good advice just a shame that this country cannot do it.

wee eddie 11:46 17 Apr 2018

flycatcher: We, the UK, don't have a "Big Stick".

In fact it's something of a miracle that we have anything g more than a twig.

Govan1x 09:08 18 Apr 2018

What if. They find no sign of Chemicals or other banned substances. I know the chances of that happening are probably very slim, But what if.

Should they have waited for the Inspectors reports first.

You know the old saying, Innocent until proven guilty.

john bunyan 09:45 18 Apr 2018

This is one of many. There has been time for a clean up

chemical attacks

Also

french view

john bunyan 12:06 18 Apr 2018

How much evidence do you need?

Human Rights Watch

carver 16:15 22 Apr 2018

Been interesting reading comments on here about a supposed "chemical" attack when the ONLY evidence is from a group of people who call themselves "white hats". This group is linked to terrorists fighting in Syria and are even associated with the beheading of children, the supposed video just shows a group of people being marched into a hospital and hosed with water, not one of them shows signs of chemical harm. The same doctors who were in the video were later interviewed have each one said they could see no signs of chemical damage to the people. We then bomb a foreign state on the most flimsy of evidence and say it's OK, and the best part is that these sights are visited the next day but a poisoning in our country will take months to clean up. The USA have also said that there was no evidence for the supposed gas attack that was allegedly to have taken place last year near enough on the same day and who reported that , you guessed it the "white hats"

john bunyan 17:12 22 Apr 2018

Did you not read the previous link? This latest one is awaiting confirmation from inspectors but there have been 85 or so , many of which are confirmed as Syrian Government attacks. The Russians are even saying the British facilitated the latest one using the white helmets, just as they are even suggesting that Porton Down had a hand in the Skripal poisoning. I think that the many countries who believe that Syria was responsible for the latest one will have seen evidence not in the public domain , so I think the white helmets are very unlikely to be the culprits. The inspectors were kept away for over a week, leaving time for the Russians to clear up evidence and plant disinformation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)