US and allies attack Syrian chemical weapons sites

Belatucadrus 09:34 14 Apr 2018
Answered

The US, UK and France have bombed multiple government targets in Syria in an early morning operation targeting alleged chemical weapons sites.

BBC

Al Jazeera

morddwyd 16:24 16 Apr 2018

That has nothing to do with democracy.

It's exact'y democracy - one state, one vote. Sometimes the vote has to be unanimous, just as in the democratic EU.

lotvic 16:39 16 Apr 2018

bumpkin, (17:11 15 Apr 2018)

How can you have a WAR with rules

Geneva Conventions/Protocol click here as well as other things:

It prohibits the use of "asphyxiating, poisonous or other gases, and of all analogous liquids, materials or devices" and "bacteriological methods of warfare".

john bunyan 18:08 16 Apr 2018

One state one vote - yes but one vote of many , not a veto. Your system would have left Kosovo to carry on killing as in shrevenitza . The inspectors in Syria are not being allowed to go to Duma, no doubt so Russia can clean up the evidence .

morddwyd 19:09 16 Apr 2018

That mat may be right, but who made us the world's police, and Theresa May the judge and jury?

Quickbeam 19:30 16 Apr 2018

"...who made us the world's police..."

I think that comes with being a UN permanent security council member.

john bunyan 19:48 16 Apr 2018

Ok . Pull up the ladder Jack, we’re OK? We , France and the US have the capability , and someone surely has to deter Chemical, banned, weapons. We can’t stop conventional weapons but unless chemical ones are resisted, they will become “normal” . Are you suggesting we should stand idly by. How about Kosovo, was that wrong - should we have left well alone? We clearly are not a leading world power any more but surely we still have a conscience?

flycatcher1 22:50 16 Apr 2018

morddwyd. I know I am going off topic but the EU Democratic? One Nation one vote yes but think of Animal Farm " All nations are equal but some are more equal than others".

Govan1x 23:37 16 Apr 2018

It worry's me some time that that if any problems occur that it is usually left to USA,Uk and maybe France to retaliate.

What makes the UK so eager to jump in first every time.

When asked today why the UK was so quick to do what the USA wanted the PM answered we are our own country and we do not let the USA tell us what to do. or words to that affect. If that is so would the UK have gone itself and bombed Syria. I don't think so.

And once again she uttered, it was most likely it was Syria that dropped the chemical weapons and we have proof. If she had proof why did she say most likely.

Is it time maybe for the UK to sit out on some of those problems and let other countries do their bit.

john bunyan 00:03 17 Apr 2018

Too many Chamberlains around . Peace in our time , do nothing and let sovereign countries do what they like to their population.

Quickbeam 06:36 17 Apr 2018

That's a bit of a melodramatic statement JB. It's hardly on a par with the militarisation of the Rhine lands is it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

MacBook Pro 13in (2019) review

Comment avoir un badge Super Fan Facebook ?