UK Election

Bapou 17:45 21 Apr 2010

Just thought it was about time to sit back, take a breather and look for something less tedious to read about the coming election.

This I did and came across the most humorous article explaining to the American people just what is going on here. They may not give a damn but sure as hell will having them smiling.

UK election

bremner 17:50 21 Apr 2010

Bapou 17:51 21 Apr 2010

Sorry, something went adrift there. Try again

Just thought it was about time to sit back, take a breather and look for something less tedious to read about the coming election.

This I did and came across the most humorous article explaining to the American people just what is going on here. They may not give a damn but sure as hell will put a smile on their faces.

UK election 101 - Harry Potter and the half baked Prince of Conservatives as told in the Huffington Post:

click here

Strawballs 21:21 21 Apr 2010

I could not agree more with most of what is said in this article an outside and independant view of our country

peter99co 21:50 21 Apr 2010

Total Twoddle.

Strawballs 22:22 21 Apr 2010

A few home truths

Forum Editor 23:03 21 Apr 2010

It's not "an outside and independant (sic) view of our country" at all.

It's a jerky, nudge,nudge, wink, wink, done-for-laughs piece, written by a man who has an incredibly high opinion of himself, who has done some good work in his career, and who describes himself modestly as "The World’s LEAST-Reserved Englishman".

He's not an outsider at all - he's British, he chooses to live and work in America, but it wasn't always so.

Strawballs 00:35 22 Apr 2010

I stand corrected on the independant viewpoint but I still agree with what he said.

zzzz999 07:00 22 Apr 2010

a brilliant read albeit probably uncomfortable for Tory voters.

bri-an 07:08 22 Apr 2010

An amusing piece, with more than a little truth!

Personally, I found the link through to the JK Rowling article most interesting - when she should be a natural Tory, she explains why she's not.
click here

Quickbeam 08:13 22 Apr 2010

It's mildly amusing. That's how it was written, right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?