Try to be really honest

Forum Editor 23:29 20 Feb 2011

both with yourself, and with me, and tell me how important the internet is in your life on a scale of 1 to 10.

1 being 'not at all important, I wouldn't miss it in the slightest if I had to give it up'

5 being 'I wouldn't really mind one way or the other.

and 10 being 'Life just wouldn't be the same without it'

There's nothing earth-shatteringly important behind this, I'm just interested. The usual privacy assurance applies - I won't tell another living soul what you say.

I'll give you my own honest answer now: 8 I would find it very difficult to earn my living without internet access, and would prefer not to have to try.

lotvic 01:20 22 Feb 2011

10, as obviously life would not be the same without it. I found I missed it when was without for a few weeks after moving house. I couldn't just go and look up info and it made life a tad inconvenient in lots of ways.

Diemmess 10:13 22 Feb 2011

9, because there's always hope, and man's ability to adapt.

A sample of personal and only effect was the loss of my telephone line for 8 days after a large farm vehicle swept away the pole connecting wire.

An international loss of telecommunications would now be catastrophic....

carver 10:27 22 Feb 2011

Has to be an 8 for me, I could get by with out it but it would be a big inconvenience.

10 years ago I would have given it a 2 but it's now just an extra I would rather not do with out, some things you take for granted and this is one of them, talk to my daughter and she would give it a 10 because she has grown up with it and it is now a very big part of her life and she can spend hours using the net to talk to her friends in Australia.

When I was her age I couldn't have ever thought that some thing like that would be "normal".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi