Trump launches cruise missiles on Syria, war?

rickf 09:31 07 Apr 2017

I think this is reckless and could lead to a wider conflict and possibly war. With his popularity waning and not being able to get his domestic policies approved this is a welcome distraction for him and his administration. I think it is an opportunistic act and damn dangerous proving he is trigger happy and an ego maniac. Would the UK be dragged into it, hope not.

bremner 11:00 08 Apr 2017

Jaw jaw with Assad, don't make me laugh.

morddwyd 19:29 08 Apr 2017

" the region is grossly uncivilised"

They were writing poetry and building beautiful buildings in that grossly uncivilised region while we were still tunning around in woad.

For Heaven's sake forget preconceived ideas and irrational prejudices and try a little bit of rational thought.

rickf 20:00 08 Apr 2017

Not to mention mathematics, architecture, art, astronomy, that the world spins on an axis, algorithms which we use everyday to get to here. Something has obviously gone very wrong but to say they are uncivilized is such a Eurocentric view of the world.

daz60 22:18 08 Apr 2017

Will there be a "wider conflict",i would like to believe unlikely but an extreme nationalist in Sarajevo,belatedly,started WW1 and given the volatile and chaotic situation coupled with a global attempt by IS to invoke a jihad and economic uncertainty around the globe with two powerful presidents at loggerheads it seems the time for a conflict appears ripe.

Wise heads may prevail but it seems like a new 'cold war'is at hand.

bumpkin 22:26 08 Apr 2017

* with two powerful presidents at loggerheads *

Where did you get that from.

Quickbeam 03:27 09 Apr 2017

The region 'is' grossly uncivilised in the present tense.

They 'were' writing poetry and building beautiful buildings in that grossly uncivilised region while we were still tunning around in woad, in the past tense.

No preconceived ideas, the region is 'now' grossly uncivilised. Gassing your own civilians because your approval rating has fallen is an uncivilised action. Destroying ancient and architecturally important buildings because they don't represent today's values is an uncivilised action. Burning classical Arabic literature by the libraryful is an uncivilised action. Beheading captured westerners is an uncivilised action. Banning all education except for narrow minded and bigoted interpretations of you religious social code is an uncivilised action. Would you not all agree?

Pine Man 08:00 09 Apr 2017

Yes

Al94 08:44 09 Apr 2017

Absolutely correct.click here. Looks like N Korea could be next or maybe just posturing

Cymro. 10:31 09 Apr 2017

Looks like N Korea could be next or maybe just posturing says A194

Yes I agree but N.K. is a much more dangerous target. They have the power to strike back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans