A treasure trove of historical radio

dagbladet 12:31 29 Nov 2018

I've just stumbled across 'radio echoes' which contains a huge range of radio broadcasts from the past. It's broken down into genre and done of the historical stuff is absolutely fascinating.

click here

Aitchbee 12:54 29 Nov 2018

Thanks, dagbladet.

...it's got Just A Minute from way back.

Very nice!

Aitchbee 13:08 29 Nov 2018

The original 13 x 1 hour BBC radio episodes of The Lord Of The Rings is in there too. [Under SciFi/British Science Fiction]

amonra9 13:55 29 Nov 2018

Good find, thank you.

john bunyan 17:27 29 Nov 2018

Thanks Dagbladet

Found episodes of Round the Horne from the ‘60s that I used to listen to every week. In it’s day a great comedy. Somewhere in the loft I have 10” reel tapes of them but haven’t used my tape machine for many years

Forum Editor 18:23 29 Nov 2018

Thank you indeed - what a find!

The next time any of us feels inclined to think that our present difficulties over Brexit are insurmountable, it might be good to listen to this and reflect that we have been faced with far, far worse in the past.

lotvic 18:43 29 Nov 2018

Great find, thanks.

Al94 19:34 29 Nov 2018

Fantastic find - thank you so much! Just been listening to The Navy Lark which I enjoyed as an eight year old when there was no tv in our house!

Brumas 23:15 29 Nov 2018

dagbladet, bookmarked to dip into at my leisure, thanks.

canarieslover 16:11 30 Nov 2018

Great find It's back to my childhood for me. There is a lot on there that I would like to revisit, I just hope I'm not looking back through rose coloured glasses.

dagbladet 19:17 30 Nov 2018

You're all very welcome. And why not view it through rose tinted glasses? Just enjoy it. Some of the historical stuff is quite eye opening and sobering listening and there's also the lighter stuff of days gone by.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch