From today, If you care to post a link

Forum Editor 19:07 07 Jul 2011
Answered

you might find that it automatically forms a hyperlink.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14043356

Quickbeam 08:16 12 Jul 2011

That's an awful lot of instruction to put on a sticky note compared to the old cut & paste with the automated click here.

Only 2 months and 29 days of post a link debating left...

Quickbeam 08:51 12 Jul 2011

...or have a nice & neat laminated copy blu-tacked to the wall for ready reference:)

BT 09:41 12 Jul 2011

I quite like the 'Globe' method of posting a link and can't say I found any problem with it. Maybe a bit more long winded than the old automatic 'Click Here' but no real problem.

The 'new' Method has already resulted in some overly long links spreading off the page, so its probably useful to use TinyURL or similar on these ones. TinyURL now has an Icon that you can put in your Bookmark bar and when you click on it automatically does the Business and creates a TinyUrl from whatever webpage you are on at the time.

onthelimit1 18:26 12 Jul 2011

I have had problems trying to use the gllobe recently - I'll try again as an exercise

link text

onthelimit1 18:26 12 Jul 2011
Answer

OK, good - that works for me.

AroundAgain 22:00 16 Jul 2011

Well, I have to say that, earlier this evening I pasted a url into the text box but it didn't link, and so I used (successfully, I have to say) the little world icon to put it in.

So, was there a glitch at that time, perhaps?

Strange

AroundAgain 00:21 17 Jul 2011

Just read all through the thread, only to discover the World icon has been put back in business and that now there is a choice of copy and paste or use the icon. I must remember to include the http bit though.

Hope I can remember in future ...

Cheers

Strawballs 01:35 17 Jul 2011

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?