Timeout Before Post Completed

ame 22:08 06 Jan 2010

Is it just me, or do you not get enough time to compile a decent posting on this website any more before you get logged out? I have made quite a few posts in recent months that I've had to redo because I've had to log in again........

MAJ 22:46 06 Jan 2010

Go to your Profile page and choose the " Keep me logged in on this computer (unless I log out)*" option. Although I have never noticed a "time-out" on posting, before.

Forum Editor 22:51 06 Jan 2010

You're not timed out once you've logged in.

ame 23:19 06 Jan 2010

Weird. It's just done it yet again. Is it something to do with IE8 or compatibility mode? MAJ - can't see that option in PCA My Profile page.

Forum Editor 23:21 06 Jan 2010

Scroll down, and you'll see a tick box for it.

ame 23:25 06 Jan 2010

Thanks guys - just found it!

natdoor 10:26 07 Jan 2010

You could try composing your masterpiece in a word-processing application and using copy/paste. In that way you can also run a spell check if you wish.

ame 10:35 07 Jan 2010

Hmmm. The "keep me logged in.." option means I am automatically logged in when I visit the site even after a computer restart. Useful, but not what I expected or really wanted. But what the hey...resorted to copying my post with right click before posting so if it's lost I can just paste it back in (as long as I remember!)

MAJ 14:19 07 Jan 2010

"Useful, but not what I expected or really wanted."

Log out before you leave?

ame 15:37 08 Jan 2010

Thought I did that - I'd better try again!

bri-an 15:59 08 Jan 2010

Unless, like me I find the "Logout" button does not work, simply takes me to a different page, but still logged in!!
If I want to 'get out' I need to do a Ccleaner run.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts