Time was when I switched the TV on and viewed.

oresome 15:28 25 Jan 2017

Channel 4 screened the first episode of a new Icelandic drama last night called 'Case'.

It seems that the remaining 8 episodes will not be broadcast but are available on-line via a Ch4 app.

I've not got the app on our Sony smart TV or on the recorder or the Bluray player.

The Ch4 website gives lots of detail of how to access programmes which seems to vary depending on device, manufacturer and operating system and I'm now losing the will to live.

click here

BRYNIT 18:05 25 Jan 2017

The App for channel 4 is call "All 4" and should be on your TV as well as ITV Hub, BBC Iplayer apps if you still can't find it and you are using Win 8 win 8.1 or Win 10 you can watch it on your computer. Go to start, store and search for All 4.

bumpkin 19:03 25 Jan 2017

I think oresome's point is why should he have mess about like that just to watch TV.

bremner 19:10 25 Jan 2017

Get used to it - BBC 3 went this way and we will see more and more of this.

Great with fast broadband but for those of us with a slow connection it will be problematic.

oresome 19:35 25 Jan 2017

The TV and other devices seem to be limited to the BBC and Ch5 apps. Probably some licensing issues.

I've loaded the Ch4 app on the PC, but I wanted to watch the programme in HD on a large screen sitting 12 foot away along with my wife and there seems to be no way of downloading the programme in it's entirety rather than streaming and then playing via DVD or memory stick.

I downloaded an add-on to give Chromecast, but I think this needs an additional device fitting to the TV to work and looking at the quality of picture on the PC I doubt the quality will be good enough for the large screen anyway.

It's all too much faff.

Forum Editor 22:41 25 Jan 2017

We're watching all nine episodes of 'Case' on All4 on our smart TV. No need to download any app, and no faffing. I just searched the YouView menu for the programme and pressed play.

beeuuem~2 02:33 26 Jan 2017

To get All4 appears to depend on the age of the TV.

From click here posted March 2016

Re: When are ITV Player and 4OD coming to BRAVIA?

Options I first contributed to this thread in 2011 when I bought my Sony smart tv and was surpised to find ITV player and ch4 unavailable. Instead of being added I have found apps gradually disappearing...first youtube, then 5OD and now BBC iplayer will no longer be supported.

There was no indication when I bought it from Sony that I would gradually lose all the useful internet capabilities and have none added. So my beautiful wall mounted 46" Smart Bravia TV is no longer Smart at all from September 2016...I feel totally misled and rather foolish having told so many people this was the future of television. Thanks for nothing Sony

Forum Editor 08:26 26 Jan 2017

beeuuem~2

I can understand your disappointment. Sony would no doubt say that this is progress in a field of technology where progress can be extremely rapid.

My new Sony smart TV - bought in October last year - does seem to be very smart. No doubt it, too, will become a dinosaur quite quickly.

Pine Man 11:11 26 Jan 2017

beeuuem

I have a Sony Bravia of similar age which, is pretty useless now as far as catch up tv goes, but 'luckily' my Sony HDD recorder just failed so I bought a Panasonic Blue Ray HDD recorder which has the ability to allow me to watch the following catch up channels - All BBC, ITV, Ch4, Ch5 and UKTV through my TV.

beeuuem~2 11:37 26 Jan 2017

My apologies for the misunderstanding - that isn't my TV, merely a link to others having similar problems to 'oresome'. Bing all of seven years old, my TV is a non-smart antique, The TvOnics PVR gave up the ghost last November and I bought a Humax4000T which gives me most of the joys of a smart TV, including the ability of being able to binge watch 'Case' - when time allows.

Flak999 15:50 26 Jan 2017

If your smart TV is not that smart anymore I suggest getting a firestick! My son bought me one and I have installed the kodi app on it. Using this with the 'Wookie build' I have been able to watch all the episodes of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, The Crown and yesterday I watched the new Mel Gibson film Hacksaw Ridge.

This coupled with the ability to view all freeview channels and catch up TV for the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 makes this an excellent piece of kit in my opinion!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

When is the best time to buy an iPhone?

Quel antivirus gratuit choisir pour un PC ?