Time to take the Brexit withdrawal as is...

Quickbeam 04:30 22 Mar 2019

...and move on I think.

We've got to the end (well nearly), we've officially postponed it with a conditional extension that's been decreed (we now have little say in these things), and it's looking like no deal has been ruled out in that two extension deadlines are offered. One to finalise the May Deal, and one to allow us to consider our options.

"...until 12 April - by when the UK would have to indicate whether it would stand candidates in the 2019 European Parliament elections - "all options remain on the table ... the UK government will still have a chance of a deal, no deal, a long extension or revoking Article 50"."

Revoking isn't going to happen, no deal is irresponsible blunderbuss talk, a deal that's not the May one will be Norway and what's the point in that, and a long extension will be as disastrous as a no deal for the economy. Interestingly there's no mention of Ref2, but that would be socially fragmenting.

My personal view on the concept of Brexit hasn't changed, but we're wrecking our country over this divisive issue.

Don't let anyone accuse me of being the cause of further entrenchment.

Quickbeam 16:05 22 Mar 2019

Is the 3rd May meaningful vote worth bothering with now?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)