Time limit FAO Forum Editor

Terry Brown 13:29 23 Apr 2010

I have noticed a few time lately while writing or replying to this site, that when you go to post, I have been 'Timed Out'.

There is no warning, the page is still active until you post it, and then you find you have been logged out.

I appreciate there must be a time limit for those people who log in and forget to log out again, but can we have some kind of warning (E.G. a flash on screen that gives us 5 seconds to press a key to continue).

Thank you
Terry

Legolas 13:32 23 Apr 2010

I don't think there is a time limit if you log in and do not log out. I never log out, I have been logged in for weeks at a time and have never had a time out message.

MAT ALAN 13:59 23 Apr 2010

Not sure i get that either i have set permissions to stay logged in permanantly, i have never been "timed out"

Terry Brown 14:05 23 Apr 2010

FE
Thanks for you fast reply.

i have now tick the revelent box.
Terry

morddwyd 20:21 23 Apr 2010

FE's reply is obviously faster than the speed of light - we can't see it!

Forum Editor 22:40 23 Apr 2010

someone called fourm member for me. His response is correct however, that's the way to remain logged in, even when you close your browser - we have no time-out clock running once you're logged in normally.

ronalddonald 00:31 24 Apr 2010

Funny i use to get timed out in windos xp home but in linux i dont unless i log out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?