Tillitson - you’re fired! Says Trump

john bunyan 16:18 13 Mar 2018
Answered

The staff turnover of POTUS staff must be a record. With talks pending with N Korea and many other international issues , has Trump chosen a good time to fire his Secretary of State? At least he has appointed a woman as head of FBI.

wee eddie 16:41 13 Mar 2018

To maintain your long-term employment with President Trump, you need to be a "yes" man/woman. He cannot sustain anyone that disagrees with him

Forum Editor 17:07 13 Mar 2018
Answer

Donald Trump has difficulty understanding that he can't run America entirely on his own.

It's Rex Tillerson, by the way.

To illustrate just how everyone has to be a sycophant or face the consequences, there's this, from the CNBC news site:-

"State Department spokesman Steve Goldstein said Secretary Rex Tillerson hadn't planned to leave the post before news of the firing came down. What's more, Tillerson "did not speak to the president this morning and is unaware of the reason" for his firing, the spokesman added."

Steve Goldstein was himself fired later in the day, for contradicting the administration's account of Tillerson's termination.

I have visions of the White House some day in the future, as Donald Trump runs around the empty echoing corridors, trying to answer all the ringing phones.

wee eddie 18:02 13 Mar 2018

FE, there will be lots of nonentities there, all saying "Yes Mr Trump" and "Your wonderful Mr Trump"

Quickbeam 18:53 13 Mar 2018

He seems to believe that there is a constant supply of willing toadies. According to last weeks clap trap statement he said that they were lining up (to replace fired operative?)...

Belatucadrus 19:11 13 Mar 2018

You can see the CV's going in to top companies:

"I was Secretary of State of the United States on Tuesday the third of April between 9am and 5pm when I was fired. I am proud to have held the office longer than anybody else that month. "

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 13 Mar 2018

:0)

john bunyan 16:37 24 Mar 2018

Now he's sacked HR Mc Master as National Security Advisor, replacing him with the extreme hard line John Bolton. This is getting serious as Bolton is keen to bomb Iran and is hard line in the extreme on Korea.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?