Hot Topics

Thread closed in December: New reply in January

Gummomarx 11:36 13 Jan 2020
Answered

I've had a TA email saying there'd been a reply to one of my posts on 10 January. When I click on the link, I see that the thread has been closed with the last message being on 18 December.

Here's the email text:

**A new message has been posted to the thread 'Filter issue on Amazon search' on the Tech Advisor forum. The message was posted by 'alexei567' on 10/01/20 @ 11:29 To view the new posting on the thread please visit the following page:**

click here

geoff96 12:06 13 Jan 2020
Answer

It was probably a spam posting in which the FE has now deleted.

Sutimeister 16:19 13 Jan 2020

Yup can confirm, that's exactly that ;)

Gummomarx 18:33 13 Jan 2020

Thanks for that useful info.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:21 16 Jan 2020

So how any message get posted to a closed tread spam or otherwise?

Are you sure it was closed and not just ticked as answered?

Gummomarx 16:49 16 Jan 2020

It was definitely closed - I'm a pain-in-the-arse triple-checker. Maybe the moderator close it on spotting the spam.

Forum Editor 16:59 16 Jan 2020

Let's get this over with once and for all.

"I see that the thread has been closed with the last message being on 18 December."

"I've had a TA email saying there'd been a reply to one of my posts on 10 January."

You're making the mistake of thinking that your thread was closed on the date of the last post you can see, but it wasn't - it was closed on 10th January, the day that I deleted the spammer's post. Before I closed the thread the server had auto-generated the message you received.

I hope that's clear now?

Gummomarx 01:47 17 Jan 2020

"You're making the mistake of thinking that your thread was closed on the date of the last post you can see"

I never said that.

Forum Editor 20:00 17 Jan 2020

Your thread title gave that impression. Either way, I think we're done now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)