The things some people do for fun

Forum Editor 18:41 08 Sep 2018

I had to go to Mansfield, near Nottingham today and I took the train from London. I got a cab outside Mansfield station and the driver was the chatty type.

Over the course of a fifteen minute ride, he told me what he and his mates did last weekend.

After work on the Friday, they drove from Mansfield to Brighton, where they had a good night out and a late meal. They stayed in a B&B and got up the next morning to find the weather a bit murky, so they decided to try Bournemouth.

Another night out and a B&B and on Sunday morning they drove to London, and spent the day seeing the sites. A third night out that evening, and a third B&B.

Up at 4:30 on Monday morning, and off up the M1 back to Mansfield. They were all at work by 9:00 am, showered, changed, breakfasted and ready for the day.

I felt exhausted just listening to it all.

Cymro. 09:57 09 Sep 2018

The sort of thing the youngsters get up to I suppose. You need the money and the energy for this sort of thing.

Forum Editor 10:18 09 Sep 2018

I don't think I ever had the energy for at sort of thing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:43 09 Sep 2018

Used to do that sort of thing 40 yrs ago - first train to London, pubs and site seeing, last train home.

About 5 hrs "out with the lads" every six weeks, is my limit now ;0)

MJS WARLORD 12:28 09 Sep 2018

Hi FE what you experienced really winds me up , you bump into a person you not seen for a long time , they spend the next 15 minutes bragging about "their life" , eventually they look at their watch and say "oh god is that the time , must dash" , followed by the person shouting from a distance " nice meeting you"

I think to myself it may have been nice for you but not for me , I don't remember speaking.

Lets hope we don't meet again for another 5 years.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Adobe unveils dream prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser la fonction SI sur Excel ?