Thermal Paste!

denali 19:13 30 May 2006

I checked on-line and found it for £2.99. What with delivery time and postage I decided to go to my local Maplins. The price did not concern me too much. It was only a small tube and it dawned on me, the advise given by all and sundry, is a thinly spread layer on the CPU. A quick mental analyses told me I had enough for at least 20 CPU's. Why can't I buy just enough?
I live on my own now and my daughter visits me from Uni. every three or four weeks. I can't buy a small loaf of sliced bread. I can't eat sugar, but have to buy a 1kilo bag for my daughters use. By the time she uses it all it has turned into a lump of concrete. She phoned this morning for me to get cereal. The one she wanted came with an extra 50% and by my reckoning would last her 36 weeks and would'nt fit in my food cupboard! I have no Corner Shops! anywhere near me. Sorry I am rambling now. I'll get my coat!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:18 30 May 2006

Was always advised "better to have too much than too little" (not in the case of thermal paste)

But I agree, what a wastefull world we live in.

semag 19:20 30 May 2006

Perhaps you should invest in some air tight tuperware.

wiz-king 05:33 31 May 2006

money is made from what you leave on the plate.

You by a jar of mustard and spoon some out into a condiment dish or onto the plate but only use a bit of it on your food and throw the rest of it away, thus making large profits for the supplier.
I too have noticed that in supermarkets most things are 'large family economy packs', Tiptrees do a nice pack of small jars of jams and marmalades nice for the occasional jam user but what has happened to the jars of fish paste I had as a kid?
Now you've got me started!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?