There's vintage wine and Port, and matured whiskey

Forum Editor 20:34 14 Dec 2016

and there's this - water that is at least 2 billion years old.

I wonder what it tastes like.

bumpkin 20:47 14 Dec 2016

So is the water out of my tap, just been recycled a few more times.

Quickbeam 22:45 14 Dec 2016

I reckon it'll taste mingin' as they say in Scotland!

wee eddie 23:04 14 Dec 2016

probably stale

Aitchbee 23:10 14 Dec 2016

...canadian Joni Mitchell could probably drink a crate of the stuff. I'll get my coat.

Forum Editor 08:26 15 Dec 2016

wee eddie

"probably stale"

Possibly not - the water is bubbling out of the rock at a depth of 3 kilometres and a rate of litres per minute.

BT 09:14 15 Dec 2016

Talking about water, there's a fairly new bottled water on the market that is supposed to be balanced for electrolites etc. Reading the label its says...

To make GLACÉAU Smartwater, we evaporate spring water, condense the vapour and then add just the right amount of electrolytes before bottling.

So its basically Distilled water with added chemicals. Seems a bit pointless evaporating spring water which just removes all the natural minerals. They might just as well use Tap water like they did with another brand a few years ago.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:05 15 Dec 2016

X files - it contains microbes and soon we will all devolve back to neanderthals :p)

Forum Editor 12:17 15 Dec 2016

As bumpkin said earlier, all the water in the world is old - a lot older than 2 billion years, actually. What comes out of our taps is indeed partly made up of dinosaur urine (and a lot of other kinds of urine) that has simply been recycled hundreds of millions of times by the planet.

I think the point being made by the scientists about the water in this report is that it has been down there, in the rock, unused for at least 2 billion years.

amonra 13:37 15 Dec 2016

If it is at least 2 billion years old, then why has it got a "sell by date " ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch