System Recovery Discs

JYPX 23:04 21 Aug 2004

Dave_Dave, Do we know each other? And is the guy with the Packard Bell pc called NS? It's funny but I was just gonna post about the very same thing. A guy in the helproom forum is asking for advice on buying a new pc. And my number one rule is - get a proper restore disc which includes all software preloaded on the machine - then you can restore to "out of box" condition anytime you want. When I bought my last pc I went first to my local pc shop (I think Dave_Dave knows who I am talking about) and said that a full recovery cd was an absolute must. The reaction was a vague stare accompanied by a lot of shuffling and the answer was no. Too much trouble? I never found out. I went to Staples instead. And that got me thinking. When you buy your next car (let's say you want a top quality small hatchback) are you going to buy a Ford/Renault/Peugeot for 12 grand or are you going to give 10 grand to 2 blokes in a shop round the corner who say that they will build you one.....Anyway, back on subject, yes - recovery partitions are AN ABSOLUTE JOKE and I would like to see pcadvisor get their teeth into this one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Yotam Ottolenghi's latest cookbook is a design feast for the eyes

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs